Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: gotta question

Post Thanks / Like

Default gotta question

Are the crappie in the shallows or still kinda deep. I fish at places like Rend Lake and Crab orchard here in so illinois. Haven't been having any last couple days.still learning wantin to get advise from experienced crappie fanatics. Thanx

Post Thanks / Like

hard question to answer, shallow in LA. Ms. AR. southern mo. deep in north country, be patient it wont be long

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinkin they are still pretty deep here in cental mo. on the big lakes, but on farm ponds and irrigation lakes they are starting to move into the shallows..
    It aint how deep you fish, it's how you wiggle your worm!

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing your at about the same level as me. I'm gettin them in canals right now. It's quite a ways before northern spawn, but they are in post ice here, which is feeding in canals and shallows. It's weather and temp dependent. If it's sunny try under bridges, docks, cover. If it's cloudy or dark try canals, creeks, shallower bay openings but not way inside bays. They will be in bunches right now. You have to move around a lot to find em, but once you do, you should have yourself a slammer.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck we just started getting them in this week, but have had a couple of tries where they came in only for the cold to push them back out. Normally we would be around the first of March here except this year has been strange for us.

So I would think up your way is still not going yet. Seems that there are always a few to get in early, but looks like here most will come in when the water temp here is above 60 and right now it's about 65.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm in southern Tennessee and the fish I've been catching lately have been 30to 40 feet deep in 40 to 50 feet of water. Main lake water temp is in mid 50s.

Post Thanks / Like

hop over to the IL section...the dudes there are really good about posting patterns. I know Lake Shelbyville Guide has been KILLING them at shelby...

Post Thanks / Like

The croppie are in my freezer!
    Something Wise!