Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum boat noise

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Aluminum boat noise

Posted this here because I thought I might get a wider range of answers. I need an idea to deaden the noise of water lapping on the front of my aluminum boat.

I do a lot of tightlining and I think that after a while the noise runs the fish off.

Any suggestions?

Joe
    "The cost of a man's mistakes is directly proportional to his age."

Post Thanks / Like

I put a layer of closed cell foam, (blueboard insulation) in the floor of mine, in between the ribs, i then went to the local metal yard and bought a sheet of aluminum and cut to fit my floor, i then screwed it to the ribs in the boat and layed marine carpet over it. this was a 1440 flatbottom, cost me right at 100 bucks for everything, made it look better and was much quiter with very little weight gain. for the underside I used a fairly thick layer of gelcoat paint for speedboats, to me it was a little quiter when the water hit it. If you have the floor, that will help deaden some of the echo from the water slapping it.

P.S. my center seat was removed so it made it a little easier to lay the floor down, but if you still have a center seat, it only requires one more cut.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw some guys with carpet hanging off the front of the boat. I asked what is that. they said that they did it to keep the waves from slapping the front of the boat.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to GatorTrax website, They sell some foam type stuff to but on your floors, deck and boxes. That will make it cut down the noise that your making from the inside, like droping a weight, pole etc.....
    Something Wise!

Post Thanks / Like

i have seen on flats boats where they pole for reds where they hang carpet from front as well they say it works
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Let er lap, it dont scare de fish. Only bothers the boater. There is bad days and good days, same boat. go figure. Ya think on some days they wear ear plugs? I find the bite better on windy days. Noise and all!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, some days it attracts crappie and some days it spooks them. White perch are normally attracted to noise.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate it all. Think I will try the carpet thing, have a bunch in the garage. Won't cost a thing. Am also going to carpet the inside, just have to find a day nice enough to carpet, but not nice enough to fish?????????

Joe
    "The cost of a man's mistakes is directly proportional to his age."

Post Thanks / Like

if you have a lil front deck on your boat drill a hole in it and fill it full of great stuff foam....it will take most of the noise away and make the boat float alil higher in the water
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It will only float a little higher if you sink it.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast