Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cataract 3/30

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cataract 3/30

Water temp 49-51 degrees. Fished north of the beach area as the closer to the narrows the darker the water became. Really struggled to locate quality fish. Only had 8 keepers and 25-30 small fish. Fished with jigs in 15- 25 feet of water most of the time. Several boats on the lake and most everyone was catching a few fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you done well up on the north-end of the lake? I normally stay in the south of the narrows areas,Im I missing anythng up there? I just wondering if I should go up north. Thanks for the report,its about the same as a week ago when I was there.
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lake is funny how it lays, it's mostly east west but "North" could be the Dam end and "South" the creek end.
    By North, are you refering to the Dam end Panfish?
    Like Momma always said, "There ain't nothin' worse than a messy tackle box!"

Post Thanks / Like

The dam end is north to me. I usually fish from the narrows to the dam early spring, mid-summer, and late fall. The cunot end is better during the spring per-spawn and spawn for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, its the dam end north? I have not fished much up there. I always thought the power boats and skiers were more up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Im going to Raccoon in the morning, I probably should go to Catarac but I know the lake a lot more.

Post Thanks / Like

Panfish, Yeah the dam lies a little more North than where the Cagles Mill creek flows in. I like fishing the dam end myself, but that could just be me because I've fished more up there than the other side of the narrows. Kinda have the bottom contour etched in me brain up there. I know plenty of guys that fish the creek side of the narrows and very well also. Kinda think it's the type of bottom throughout the whole lake part, maybe just depends on where a feller is comfortable.

Also, looking forward to your raccoon report, love that lake too!

Post Thanks / Like

Its still really muddy at the cunot end but the water seems to be abou 3-5 degrees warmer on the cunot end still cant buy a bite any one know if the lady has opend up her bait shop up yet on sr 42

Post Thanks / Like

Hey deep fry, are you talking about the old run down lookin bait shop, I heard the owners got divorced and its closed perm. Some one said there is a bait shop behind the Marathon in Cloverdale and there is the one at the cunot ramp road, Thats the only two now.

Post Thanks / Like

If ya like to put in at the Leiber state park and fish the north end, as you take 243 from 70 you come around a bend in the road, just past where the bait house used to be. Ho straight there instead of bending to the right. He's got a little sign up there at the corner and is opening a bait place in his garage, second house on the left past the corner. Last time I was there a couple weeks ago he had a gravel turn-around drive all put in and was about to pour his concrete floor inside the garage.