Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOP, Lake 'O the Pines Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOP, Lake 'O the Pines Report

Fished LOP today after stopping at Wild Bills for shinners and advice. Fished by myself and ended up with 14 keepers 11-15 inches. Threw back, I mean, had about that many small ones fall off at the boat. Caught about 30 Yellow bellies. Counted 175 boats and talked to anyone that would speak. Most everyone had a tough day. The most I heard of was 40 with two in the boat.
    You can lanch at Hurricane but stay to the center or left as you look down the ramp. Or near the floating,( NOT FLOATING, HIGH AND DRY) dock. Trim your motor way up when backing off as there is mud about 50 feet behind that you'll have to get though. Several people parked their boats to the left of the rock point that the dock is tied to. THis side is pleanty deep enough that your motor will not need to be trimed out to reach the shore. Just head for the big rock and use it for a step.
    The most productive patern was fishing out from the rock point north of the dam and drifting in 25 to 30 feet of water. Fish on the bottom or near to bottom. Shinnners and jigs work the same. Brush tops where not productive. trees and channel , ZIPPO! Seeya, Don

Post Thanks / Like

Percsher , I drove up to Pines yesterday afternoon not fishing just looking, went to Copeland Creek ramp 1/2 way down lake on the South side water was 50 feet from the concrete ramp, very sad looking, did R & R put his camper up there on Johnson creek, I can not go until next week and try fish, this work thing puts me in a bind.