Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I'm a hasbeen!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm a hasbeen!

I use to catch crappie in the winter but this has been a rough year so far for me. The last two times 5 and 3. Guess I'm going to have to break down and get set-up for minnows. They sure are not biting my plain jigs. Today the weather was as fine as frog hair and only put 3 keepers in the boat and maybe 6 throw-backs. Bo-Hoo
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

They just do not always bite - hang in there - at least you are not putting goose eggs up - I have done that too - even in the spring when anyone should be able to catch a crappie - one thing for sure - if you don't go out there you want catch no fish
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Steve weather here in Florida is usually pretty nice most days but the crappies still just turn off from time to time. I use jigs only and when crappies stop or are too hard to catch I just go bass fishing, most times bass are on the bite when crappies are lock jawed.

Post Thanks / Like

steve,
    i dont know how ya'lls weather has been, but ours has been colder than h*ll over here in alabama. we've had a bunch of low 20 degree nights in a row and our surface temps the last two times i've been out have been 37.5 and 38.5. i usually catch some fish shallow in the winter on feeding flats near deep water, but that hasnt been the case this year. they just seem like they are not going to move much at all with the water that cold. i've only been fishing for a few years, but this has been one of my worst winters for fishing. i've learned a bunch by fishing these tough days, but i'd just assume forget december and get on with january and hope for some warmer temps at night to get the fish going. this week should help out some. looks like we're going to get at least two days in the 60's. that should get them going a little bit.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 12-26-2005 at 05:15 PM.