Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Log

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Log

Im going to start keeping a log this year and was wondering what my fellow crappie brothers use. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I created an Access database, but only because I'm a computer geek. Something easy would be a spreadsheet. That way you can sort by date or lake or whatever. I find I refer back to my historic fishing notes pretty often, looking up things like what the water temp was at the same time last year and how well the bite was by a certain time of the season.
    Small Boat Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    I created an Access database, but only because I'm a computer geek. Something easy would be a spreadsheet. That way you can sort by date or lake or whatever. I find I refer back to my historic fishing notes pretty often, looking up things like what the water temp was at the same time last year and how well the bite was by a certain time of the season.
    A database geek for sure:-)

I bet you have developed/coded lots of database (SQL) stored procedures together with a front-end GUI interface for you to perform whatever type of database queries you'd like with a click of a mouse or two. Your query may be like "When and where with live minnows only and before 9:30AM on the day did you catch the 2nd most number of crappies all of which are greater than or equal to 10 inches but less than 18 inch, and with no other type of fish caught"?:-)

Post Thanks / Like

Just started making one this year, made one on a excel spreadsheet. Hopefully it will benefit me in the long run.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used one for fishing, but I use them for deer hunting. If you collect the correct info., and use it correctly, it can pay greatly.

Post Thanks / Like

Kept a log in my 20's but fishing now is for relaxing and it's too much of a hassle LOL

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

great ideas about the spread sheets guys, i have been using an old notebook for a few yrs, but will now have my wife help me set one up like that. before i started i would have a hard time remembering at what times to start fishing certain places and with what i caught them with

Post Thanks / Like

Calender works pretty good.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Swami - Fishing Log Template
    this is the one i use and it lets me know all the info i guess i need just started using them last year and it awsume to look back and see what went on and what worked .

it's free and printable,

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a little hardback waterproof book for years now. (I'm in the military and we have plenty of them). The pages never run. I record location, date, water temp, outside temp, what bait I used, total number caught, and I have a part to make a few notes. It has really helped me in trying similiar but different baits every year and monitoring the water temp by dates also.

"Keep talkin smack and I'll make ya famous !!!"
    B&L Marine Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast