Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Watts Bar

JAJ Guest

Default Watts Bar

I'm heading to watts bar in the morning, and i was wondering what it is working down there now. Also, Is it safe to eat crappie from down there?

ed hardin Guest

What part of the lake are you going to? I live in Kingston on the Tennessee/Clinch river upper part of the lake. Crappie are biting slow on this end, last time out I fished shallow brush and docks with panfish assasins and white twister grubs caught mostly small males. The fishing on the lower end of the lake seems to be better. I plan on going down that way on Tuesday to practice for the fling. I have been eating crappie from Watts Bar for 30 years with no problems. I believe they are safe to eat, although I would not eat the catfish or other bottom feeders from the upper end because of the mercury contamination from the Oak Ridge plants.

JAJ Guest

we put in at the dock that is right below the towers. Didn't catch anything but shad. My buddy wanted to fish for stripper. So most of the time i was just playing around. I usallay fish Fort Loudon or Tellico Lake since i live about a mile from there.