Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Worth Original Anchormate

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worth Original Anchormate

my buddy was griping about have to wall to the front of his boat to drop his anchor all the time. well his bday is coming up and I was thinking about buying him a Worth Original Anchormate for his jon boat. I was hoping I could get some review from some of you about it or a better brand/model to look at. I want to buy him something that will work for him and not be a pain in the rear are a piece of **** that dont work. thanks for your input and time. p.s good luck fishing.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-29-2010 at 07:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

guess nobody use a anchormate! may just buy him a new baitcast reel.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Do a search on it on this site. I don't remember which forum, but somebody just posted about adding one or two to their boat.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one on the front of my Tracker.

Works great. I have a new i-Pilot now... so I'll see if I need the anchor mate now that I have spot lock via the i-Pilot.

you'll need to add a few line guide pullies and extra line if you mount the anchor mate at one end and fish out of the other... or else you'll still have that walk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Magician View Post
    I have one on the front of my Tracker.

Works great. I have a new i-Pilot now... so I'll see if I need the anchor mate now that I have spot lock via the i-Pilot.

you'll need to add a few line guide pullies and extra line if you mount the anchor mate at one end and fish out of the other... or else you'll still have that walk.
    DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR ANCHOR. To me Spotlock is not what it is cracked up to be. I threw out a bouy the other day just to monitor my drift. It would let me get 10 yards or more away from it before trying to correct. Some people have had really great things to say about it though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two on my pontoon boat. We would replace immediately if anything happened to either. Been running them on my boats since mid 70's.
    "Hello, My name is Bill, and I'm a tackleholic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimeyslab View Post
    DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR ANCHOR. To me Spotlock is not what it is cracked up to be. I threw out a bouy the other day just to monitor my drift. It would let me get 10 yards or more away from it before trying to correct. Some people have had really great things to say about it though.
    was not planning to... just going to see just how well it holds.

Post Thanks / Like

worth anchormate is the only brand i know of. i've got anchormate II which pulls the anchor all the way up into the holder. they cost a little more than the original but worth it, cause you don't have to get up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boatstall View Post
    I have two on my pontoon boat. We would replace immediately if anything happened to either. Been running them on my boats since mid 70's.
    Where do you have them mounted at on the pontoon? I was thinking about getting on for the rear. Any photos of it?

Thanks,
    Hayden
    LCHOA, http://www.lc-hoa.org