Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton wind warning!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton wind warning!!

Guy's do not go out on Stockton in the wind with a small boat. I was told today that a father and son went out yesterday and they have not been seen since. The water patrol is looking for them as I type this and they are probably not alive so they are looking for the bodies. No fish is worth your life and there are plenty of days you can go out so do not take the chance and go out in 15 to 20 mile an hour winds. Stockton in the wind is no place to be in a small boat, I have seen posts on here before about why do we need bigger boats and this is an unfortunate example why I have a bigger boat so if I get caught on Stockton I want to come home. Please check the weather before you go and do not let this happen to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Good information Tom.

Hate to hear that news though. Thoughts and prayers are with these men and their families.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default I figure the wind isn't worth two things

Me getting drowned or tearing up my boat, here on Truman they are calling for winds 20-30 mph for tues, wed and thur....... warm weather warm ups call for south winds.... If you go be very careful.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to hear news like this. There's been a time or two up there I've been concerned about myself. What area of the lake was the incident?

Post Thanks / Like

I should have mentioned that I was told the son was only 8 years old the same age as my youngest daughter. I would never take her in my boat in wind no matter how much she wanted to go.

Post Thanks / Like

stockton is bad for wind. calm one min. whitecaps the next. storms are bad too.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Stockton can get dangerous in a hurry. Lots of open water the wind to build up. Sorry to here about the missing guy and his son.

Post Thanks / Like

thought I seen you on TV today, wind aint your friend on stockton and that is a fact, stay safe

Post Thanks / Like

Who Me

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Prayers sent for them and to the family

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast