Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here

Post Thanks / Like

Default New here

Hello,
    Wanted to stop in and say hello. New to this site, my 2 boys and I are going to try and go after crappie this year, never really fished for them.
    Is there any special ways to fish for crappie, I know that may sound stupid, but unless I ask, I will not know.
    I bought the boys a crappie lure kit, but how do you use them, do you jig with them, use a bobber , or retrieve them?
    Just some questions from a new guy.
    This is a great site.
    Perception Pescador

Post Thanks / Like

There are many ways to catch Crappie, use the search function at the top of the page and search for "long line trolling", "spider rigging", and "bottom bouncing"... heck. I've even caught them on live worms on bottom at certain times of the year!

This site is a wealth of information, read and check back often!

Post Thanks / Like

below a cork is a great starting way..techniqes work different in every region

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Indiana
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

There is never a silly question when it comes to fishing. Asking someone will save you a lot of hours of wasted fishless time.

Post Thanks / Like

You've come to the right place!

I just started targeting crappie last year. EVERYONE here has taught me alot. You will never find a better group of people than are here.

The easiest way for beginning to catch crappie is using minnows and a cork.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to (IMHO) the greatest fishing forums there is. You will find mountains of information and some of the greatest people in the world right here.
    Jesus Said: Come, follow me & I will make you fishers of men.

Post Thanks / Like

If your from Indiana than ask your questions on the Indiana State board to start with. Different things work different sometimes in different parts of the country. They can tell you what is happening at the time your planning a fish trip. Water temps vary around the country and can make a difference at times. It depends on if you are fishing out of a boat or off the bank as to what methods will work best for you. The local guys can tell you what is working best at the time. Then you can ask questions on the Main Board to get a variety of things to try in your area. Knowledge is the best fishing tool you can have. Never be afraid to ask questions on this site. Someone usually has an answer for you, or a variety of answers that will all work at certain times. That is what this site is for-to help new people find out what we have known for a long time and that is Crappie Fishing is one of the most fun and rewarding sports around. To answer your question tho for kids starting out I would have them use a bobber and jig or hook and minnow. It takes a little time to figure out fishing a jig on a rod and knowing when to set the hooks. You can cast or jig or use a bobber. They all work for different operations. If you are going to be fishing over a tree top that is less than 5 feet use a fixed bobber, If it is any deeper than that I would use a slip float to maintain a certain depth. This should get you started. Good luck and Good Fishing to ya, from Ne. EB
    Last edited by Eager Beaver; 03-28-2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: correction
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board and to the crappie fishing family

Post Thanks / Like

I like minnows under a cork for kids. Just to see their reaction when that cork dives under the water is priceless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast