Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie rods???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie rods???

Would like to know what would be a good rod/reel for crappie? Will be using jigs 1/8 oz. Thanks.
    To get a fish,take your rod. To get a memory take you child.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally use a custom modified B and M jig pole. Bobby Phillips in West Monroe custom makes them. I have a 11', and have a 10' on order now. He also does a 12'. They are light, rear seat, and I think I can feel a fish swim by the jig. It might seem a little pricey but I love it and they are well worth the money.

"Keep talkin smack and I'll make ya famous !!!"
    B&L Marine Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

outlaw crappie pole and pretty much any reel will due....okuma makes some nice ones for pretty cheap...i use US REELS
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

outlaws are my #1 choice, BnM is my #2. Any Quantum reel with at least 3 ball bearings. USreels are overpriced, way, way overpriced, not worth it.
    Crazy Angler Tackle
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff
    Tracker Marine Pro Staff
    www.nathankincade.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kincade View Post
    outlaws are my #1 choice, BnM is my #2. Any Quantum reel with at least 3 ball bearings. USreels are overpriced, way, way overpriced, not worth it.
    What he said.

Post Thanks / Like

Bn'M has about any rod for any application slow trolling to casting and everything in between. Been around for a long time and they're not going anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you buy the Outlaw rods at?

Post Thanks / Like

Go To Anglers Midwest.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool I don't use BnM's anymore

Quote Originally Posted by abarkley View Post
    Bn'M has about any rod for any application slow trolling to casting and everything in between. Been around for a long time and they're not going anywhere.
    I wouldn't have agreed with that a couple of years ago after having a couple of tips break on me. Make that 3 (forgot about the 1 I bought my dad broke too). Three identical 12' jig'n poles, less than a year old, bought at the same bait shop, on the same day, with all the tips broke within an inch of each other. All 3 pole butts are still hang'n in the garage as a reminder.

Tried to take the first 2 back to the bait shop and he said I'd have to go thru BnM. Sent an email to BnM and never heard a word back. Customer service is the #1 thing with me when I buy something. I know that when you mass produce anything sometimes you get a bad batch. Not a big problem. It's what you do about that batch that separates you from the rest and matters to me.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the weight, feel, and sensitivity of the rods. I know a lot of folks that swear by BnM. I'm just the kinda person that you get 1 chance to do right by me and if you don't, I'm done with ya.

With that said... I do like the way BnM stepped up when some folks on here had some issues with rod eyes.

Probably a good rod company and I just got 3 lemons. But those lemons and poor customer service, soured me on BnM.

I do have 8 pre-BnM Crappie Wizards that I'd fight over. :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Wish I'd have known that, Wiskers ....

... I'd have had you contact Jack directly (not by email )

Here's why : ( a post from Jack)

04-25-2008, 09:34 AM
    Jack Wells
    Minnow Join Date: Feb 2005

Please allow me the opportunity
    to make this right for you or anyone else who has had a problem.

I am the President of B'n'M. As many of you know, we are a small family owned company that is now in the 3rd generation of ownership. We have survived over the years because we take the time to keep our customers happy.

I would like to first apologize for the problems you have had with our products. And, I would also tell you that I am willing to resolve this situation to your satisfaction, regardless of whether you stay with us or decide to shop elsewhere.

I'll replace every single rod and tip for anyone who believes our product has not stood up to our reputation. All you need to do is call me @ 1-800-647-6363, ask for Jack and tell whoever answers the phone you are with crappie.com.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I promise you we'll take good care of your questions and concerns.

Regards,

Jack Wells

That's the BnM/Jack Wells I know, and fieldtested the Duckworth FnF rods for, and who sponsored the Crappie.com Crappie tourneys I helped run (for 5yrs) !!

... cp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast