Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod Holder Advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holder Advice

I am trying to figure a way to mount some decent pole holders on my Water Bug square stern canoe.

I can't seem to get my mind right on how to do it and would appreciate any guidance y'all might have. It doesn't matter if it's some type of commercial rig or a good idea for a homemade set up.

My problem is I can't seem to find anything that will attach to the rail on the canoe if you call it a rail. Basically it's an aluminum "cap" that covers the top of the sides.

I've attached some photos so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another view

Here's another view of the cap/rail.

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, if y'all got any advice on how I can rig some sort of pole holder to this, I'd appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would take a piece of 1X4 and drill thru the aluminum top cap on the flat part on the inside this would give you a place to mount your holders to. You could run a bead waterproof glue on the back side Cub

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Look into putting a small piece of tubing or bow rail and add the holders to it. Inside, on top, there's options. Silicone profusely anything you add, metal or plastic, to help take the stress and add strength. You'll have to think outside the box a little for this one.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

i dunno if you want to make the rod holders yourself or not but you could order hi-teks from callshy and have him weld a c-clamp to the cross bar so you could clamp them on and you could also move them around...i wouldnt mount nothing i would find somthing you could clamp on
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Driftmaster Base

Driftmaster makes a base that will fit on top of the curved edge. Click on the following link and scroll down to the V-Round Base.

Driftmaster Rod Holders

You can get these in the Lil Pro model and then put any type of Lil Pro Driftmaster on this base. You might also consider the L-Mount base and mount it to the side. Good Luck

Yadkin Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yadkin Guide

What's the difference between the Pro and the Li'l Pro models?

Thanks.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Question

The Lil Pro Model rod holders are 3/8 inch diameter and the Pro Models are 1/2 inch diameter. Driftmaster's website better explains the difference. Driftmaster Rodholders

Yadkin Guide