Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: scents

Post Thanks / Like

Default scents

I have a small plastic bottle of crawfish oil scent i got along with stuff i orderd from lurecraft.Its really concentrated stuff and smells strong.Do i need to get some kind of worm oil for plastics,and just mix a tiny amount of the scent in with the worm oil or can i just put the scent in a bag with my molded baits?Will my molded plastic baits work without scent?Do some comercialy sold plastic baits come without any kind of scent at all?thanks for all info

Post Thanks / Like

bxn I have caught thousands of fish on unscented baits, so yes unscented baits will work. I have actually at times applied scent and caught less fish. Sometimes scent works well. Some people swear by it. I think its more the action and color of the bait more than the scent, but at times scent works well. you can put it in the bag with the baits and soak them in it.

Jiggin_Joe is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just add a couple drops to your plastic when melting to cook that scent in if it is that concentrated. Otherwise you could mix with worm oil and add to the bag. But I would make a few first to see if they work otherwise just go without scent.

JJ
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/jokerpoker/logo.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

ok,i figure,i'll skip the scent for now,and just put the baits in some worm oil.and try em that way first.they do smell kind of funky,but than again i spose they are sposed to smell kind of plasticky because thats what they are.ok another question.can i use just about any oil based paint when mixing the plastic?im sure my dad has lots of oil based paints downstairs.he has all kinds of stuff down there,and some stuff i didn't need to buy/order to get started even.he made me a melting pot out of a tin can and even put a handle on it lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I always add a few drops of scent to my plastic. Then I put a few more drops on a cotton ball and add a scented cotton ball to each bag of baits. It works for me.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

BXN
    No, do not use oil based paint. The paint uses a different kind of tint that can be mixed in latex or oil based paint. If desperate you can use artist tubes of oil paint, but your consistency from batch to batch will be off. Do it the right and safe way, buy the proper material. And don't cook the stuff indoors, if in a garage have a good exhaust system.