PDA

View Full Version : War Eagle Boats

Dedduc
12-25-2005, 05:23 AM
Looking for a new boat,what do you guys think of War Eagle???

mikeg
12-25-2005, 07:30 AM
Excellent Boat E-X Press is also a good good choise

mikeg

Dedduc
12-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Looking at a 2072 with a 150 yamaha for fishing and ducks.

sac-a-lait
12-25-2005, 10:07 AM
in that size boat I like the G3 better...Seems like it has more floor space.

hogster
12-25-2005, 10:34 AM
I have a buddy that owns a war eagle and have fished from it.Nice boat and he loves it.Also have buddy that fishes out of an Xpress boat with a 115 on it.He is thinking of selling it becuase it rides bad and is unstable at higher speeds.Drifts all over.

sls
12-25-2005, 11:18 AM
I have 2 friends, both have the same boat. One has a 70 on his and the other a 90. The 70 is smooth. The 90 rides like a log wagon

ShilohRed
12-25-2005, 11:36 AM
I have 2 war-Eagles. So I guess i don't need to tell you l like mine.
Boat number one is a 2003 2072-LDSV Full floor and sides. Side console, 6ft bench seat for storage. 6 ft Gun box turned into a 8ft rod box. 6 seat bases. 3 front and 3 back deck.
built in 18 gallon gas tank. Running a Suzuki 140 4-stroke on it now. I have has this motor on it for a year next month. Before that I was running an old Johnson 85 Hp on the boat.It did OK. But sure drank the gas. The 4-stoke does not that much fuel.

Would I buy this boat again? Yes I would. Also look at how the boats are built, And also what degree the hull is. War-eagle is 12 degree most of the others are just a 6 degree. Makes a difference when the water gets choppy..

the other is a 175. 17ft long 54" wide tiller Yamaha 25 hp 4[stroke motor on it. it also rides good.

War-Eagle will build the boats the way you ask if it can be done. The others you get what they have and that is it. Also Look At Sea-ark they they have a 15 degree hull ..
Also if I were you I would try to ride in all the boats and then decide..

Pete

abarkley
12-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Looking for a new boat,what do you guys think of War Eagle???

my buddy loves his. he has a 16 footer camo'd out for duck hunting with a built in gun box. he has a 25 hp yamaha on the back of it. i think his only regret is that he didnt get a larger boat.....

dwightparks
12-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Just wondering if you have seen the gator trax boat. It is on the off topic forum on page four. One slick looking boat.

izzysfishin
12-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Can't comment on X-press (john or duck) type boats but the X70 (Bass boat) I have rides like a dream and I'm very happy with it.

Larry-Southern Indiana
12-28-2005, 12:54 AM
On your bigger boat what kind of speed will it run? My oldest son is looking at this type of boat to buy this coming boat show season.

Your right about SeaArk and their 15 degree hull. I've told my son he needs to get the most vee he can instead of a flatter bottom because it will ride much better like my Crestliner. His boat will be used on the Ohio River most of the time and it can get pretty rough and nasty at times.

On your Suzuki motor I have a 2005 115 4-stroke on our 25' Premier pontoon and it's a very quiet running motor that doesn't use much fuel. I think it has d**n good ump for a 4-stoke myself. It'll push that pontoon to 30mph and I imagine it would do darn good on something that weighed half as much as a boat like yours.

I'll have to check and see where the nearest War Eagle dealer is around here. I don't remember seeing any on the lake that I fish.

What kind of trailer do they put under their boats and does it come with brakes?

Thanks......Larry

tarfu
12-28-2005, 02:59 AM
howdy; i have a '99 xpress 1872, with a honda 90 on the back. got it used on e-bay. runs fine, my ex-brother-in-law has on of the 20 footers, uses his on the ohio and sioto rivers (he's one of those cat fisher-people), and loves his as i do mine. Mine has tunnel hull and was set-up as a center console by the first owner and i like it like that, more floor space. what ever you buy good luck with it. tarfu

ShilohRed
12-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Larry as of now top speed is around 47 MPH. But the motor is only turning 5200 RPM's, Rated at 6200. But I'm running a 21" prop. Guessing if I droped down to a 19" I could get up raround 55 or better.
Now this is not a light boat. Hull weight is 1150 lbs before the extra seats 3 group 29 batterys. 65 lb T/M depthfinders. 50 lb of lead or more. And lots of other stuff filling all the storrage spaces
I have the standard Trailer that comes with all the war-Eagle's. Its a single axle and no brakes. But wil be adding brakes soon. AS I tow it behind the Truck with a truck camper with a slideout on it. Heavy.

Now Pickwick lake and the Tn river will and can get bad rough. And this boat will not ride like a big deep V boat will. But then agian it does ride better then a flat or a 6 degree boat. I can get up on 2'+ waves and it will ride them I have a bad back and can handle them as long AS I take it easy. I run around 1/3 and it good. But big roller waves from The rich Mans boats it does not like. The waves are so wide it catches 2 at a time. but then agian 20 of boat will do that.

Also I fish for Catfish here also And I like that i can fish 4 people out of it crappie or catifsh easy..

Pete

On your bigger boat what kind of speed will it run? My oldest son is looking at this type of boat to buy this coming boat show season.

Your right about SeaArk and their 15 degree hull. I've told my son he needs to get the most vee he can instead of a flatter bottom because it will ride much better like my Crestliner. His boat will be used on the Ohio River most of the time and it can get pretty rough and nasty at times.

On your Suzuki motor I have a 2005 115 4-stroke on our 25' Premier pontoon and it's a very quiet running motor that doesn't use much fuel. I think it has d**n good ump for a 4-stoke myself. It'll push that pontoon to 30mph and I imagine it would do darn good on something that weighed half as much as a boat like yours.

I'll have to check and see where the nearest War Eagle dealer is around here. I don't remember seeing any on the lake that I fish.

What kind of trailer do they put under their boats and does it come with brakes?

Thanks......Larry