Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: mississenawa saterday. 27

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy mississenawa saterday. 27

Cold and windy. Hit the ramp at 7 am was 29 degrees. wind was already over 15. water muddy visability less than 6". We faught the wind and muddy water and only caught 30 fish only 15 keepers and a couple of them was pushing it.
    First fish was around 9am noticed the bar. pressure had dropped .2
    We used minnows and lead head jigs. I can only suggest mabee a road runner or something with more thump. So the fish can find it. We got off the water at 4pm. Wish you all the best of luck out there.
    water temp was 39 - 45 depends where you was at.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you qualify for a "Die hard crappie fisherman". That lake can be tough when it's windy and cold. Glad you caught some! Just think how good it is gonna be next week when the water warms up with the rising temps. I may have to make a trip down there myself and give it a go.
    Doug - got hooked on LUND!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the wind is tough over there, thats why i stayed home today. Last night they were saying 5-10 mph but i could hear it blowing here in the house so i knew that was wrong. I was there last Friday and it was windy and very muddy as well. At that time, the lake was up about 14-15 feet from where it is today. I'm planning on going toward the end of this week. Hopefully we don't get too much rain tomorrow.