Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody fish Belton or Stillhouse?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody fish Belton or Stillhouse?

Just wondering if anybody has found any crappie on either lake recently. I got a few up in Cedar Creek on Belton Thursday night.

BTW...I heard a few weeks ago that people were catching them at the log jam. Where exactly is this? Where is a good place to launch from near there?
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Default Log Jam

Havent Been Fishing Lately But Deer Season Is Over Now So Im Tuning Up To Go. I Fish Belton When I Fish So We May Be Able To Help Oneanother Out. The Log Jam Is In Moody Leon End Of Gravel Road By Church In Horeshoe Bend Wma Bank Fishing Or Boat In From Iron Bridge Park Water Is Shallow And Lots Of Obstacles If The Fish Are In The River Go To Stampede Creek And Try The Stick Ups. Good Luck...........

Post Thanks / Like

tx thanks for the directions. maybe next weekend I'll be able to go. nursing a sore back right now.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Cool stillhouse

I caught a few on Stillhouse last week, not many. I launched at Cedar Gap and tried minnows under the bridge. I am wondering if they have started moving up into the Lampas. Judging by the number of boats that zipped passed me, either the whites or the crappie have began moving. This is only my opinion. I haven't been here long so I really don't have many people to gather any info from. I haven't been back to Belton since I almost sunk my boat at the waterfall in December. LOL, Take Care, TF

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wondering the same thing. Don't fish Stillhouse much, but that would be a good place to start, I think. Be careful getting up in there, lots of tree tops that you can't see...smedley
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, tree tops, a couple of them have already introduced thereselves to my boat. Not up in the river though. That last big rain we had washed so much timber from the river, the complete lake around cedar gap was dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you can use this, but here is a map of belton with the parks.

The map is attached. If you can't open it, here is the website.
    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat...n/access.phtml

A1: Iron Bridge
    A2: Winkler Park
    A3: White Flint Park
    A4: Leona Park
    A5: Owl Creek
    B1: Cedar Ridge
    B2: Rogers Park
    C1: Westcliff Park
    C2: Temple Lake Park
    C3: Live Oak Ridge
    C4: Lakeview Park
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

I dedicated myself to fishing new water fo a while, and I see a few places that I've never been on Belton. Lately I've been fishing up in Cedar Creek. last time I was out I put in at Leona Park for the first time. i fished under the bridge until the wind blew me away, then I went exploring. I was surprised to see the depth of the water there. I expected 30' plus but found the deepest water was about 20' in that whole area. Average was about 15'. Caught one nice crappie under the bridge, but had to leave to find calmer water.

I normally use the Roger's Park or BLORA ramps. I've found a lot of great fishing withing close proximity to both. I normally fish at night and use my day trips to find good night fishing spots. Let me know if you want to go sometime. I'm by no means an expert on where to fish on Belton, but I've been fishing it for 10 years now and know a few good spots.

Here's a good map you can buy, look at the bottom of the list of lakes on the left:

http://www.hooknline.com/?page=404 I've seen these for sale at the Marina on Stillhouse. Don't know if they still carry them, though.

Good fishing...smedley

EDIT: if it's not too windy, I might be persuaded to run up the river on Stillhouse this weekend. I have an old Tracker that I don't mind getting dinged up if you want to go...smedley
    Last edited by smedley; 01-10-2006 at 11:49 AM.
    Scott