Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Black Lake, NY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Lake, NY

Are you guys familiar with Black Lake. A couple of us are planning a 5 day trip to visit the lake sometime in September. I hear it's awesome for crappies, SM and LM bass too. Fill me in. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

good lake for all fishing. lots of grass, lots of rocky shoals. there is a big tournament in sept. you might want to check on. pays 500-700 per hr for biggest bass, lake is kind of crowded that weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I dont hear as much about Black Lake as I used to. Over fished?
    I'm not sure. My place is 20 miles away and I'm happy where I'm at with the Crappies. They're on the small side but my be making a come back with the Perch, I think the Tiger Muskies did some damage an people my be weeding them out....I hope!! Why the put them in there in the 1st place is beyond me.

Post Thanks / Like

My old fishing club spends the 4 days before Mothers day at Black Lake every year. Good crappie fishing and some guys find walleye also. plenty of places to stay. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 94orchard View Post
    Are you guys familiar with Black Lake. A couple of us are planning a 5 day trip to visit the lake sometime in September. I hear it's awesome for crappies, SM and LM bass too. Fill me in. Thanks.
    Been there a few times,but always at the end of may.You can get a map of the lake at bait shops for $2.A friend of mine camps there in summer says it gets very weedy,lots of crappie,SM and LM around Biggie Island and also try Indian River for Lm Bass.McClears has bait and a restaurant nice place.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the input.