Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Subject title

Post Thanks / Like

Default Subject title

how do you get the subject title to show up on the board in bold? i posted one on the Louisiana board but it isnt in bold print. I made the tread and didnt see it at first myself. i am full of questions and want to get my noticed so I can learn from the experience that is here.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink It's not necessary ....

Quote Originally Posted by downsville rookie View Post
    how do you get the subject title to show up on the board in bold? i posted one on the Louisiana board but it isnt in bold print. I made the tread and didnt see it at first myself. i am full of questions and want to get my noticed so I can learn from the experience that is here.
    ... to have bold type in your post title. Once it's posted, it's highlighted in everyone's view of it ... until they read it & move on to another post. They'd see it as a "new" post, whenever they opened up the forum where you posted. Also ... every time a person adds a reply, it resets as a highlighted (new) post to those that had already looked at it or replied to it.

Bold lettering is alot like using all capital letters in your text .... it's attention getting, but some tend to look at it as "shouting" (the improper way of getting attention :D ) Best bet is to always post your question in the proper forum, use a straight forward opening (title), and a sraight forward question.

Remember that, since the site has been here for years, and there's over 15,000 members ... your question may have already been asked, or one very similar. Try using the Search feature for common terms (key words) like - bobber, line, pole, weedless, trolling, etc. There's tons of threads that cover most any subject, already posted. If you have a specific question, about a specific lake or other suject matter ... go to the forum that's most likely to have the answer or person that can answer ... or post it on the Main Message Board.

Also ... don't expect your question to be answered within a couple of hours. Have patience ... someone that can answer your question, may not login but once a day, or ever so often. And don't let posts that joke about your question bother you ... there's alot of friendly ribbing & joking going on, & alot of "characters" in this family (as you would expect with 15K+ family members).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    ... to have bold type in your post title. Once it's posted, it's highlighted in everyone's view of it ... until they read it & move on to another post. They'd see it as a "new" post, whenever they opened up the forum where you posted. Also ... every time a person adds a reply, it resets as a highlighted (new) post to those that had already looked at it or replied to it.

Bold lettering is alot like using all capital letters in your text .... it's attention getting, but some tend to look at it as "shouting" (the improper way of getting attention :D ) Best bet is to always post your question in the proper forum, use a straight forward opening (title), and a sraight forward question.

Remember that, since the site has been here for years, and there's over 15,000 members ... your question may have already been asked, or one very similar. Try using the Search feature for common terms (key words) like - bobber, line, pole, weedless, trolling, etc. There's tons of threads that cover most any subject, already posted. If you have a specific question, about a specific lake or other suject matter ... go to the forum that's most likely to have the answer or person that can answer ... or post it on the Main Message Board.

Also ... don't expect your question to be answered within a couple of hours. Have patience ... someone that can answer your question, may not login but once a day, or ever so often. And don't let posts that joke about your question bother you ... there's alot of friendly ribbing & joking going on, & alot of "characters" in this family (as you would expect with 15K+ family members).

... cp
    thanks for the info, especially the part about the key word search. I can take a ribbin, im the rookie, i expect it!!!!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by downsville rookie View Post
    Anytime you make a post or add to a post it automatically moves to the top on that board. Since youve already looked at it, it wont be in bold to "you" buit it will be in bold to everybody else that hasnt opened the thread since youve posted on it. And every time someone adds to a thread it'll turn bold back on your sceen too.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info.......i know it was a rookie question!!!!!!! cant wait to get to know you guys!!!