Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tillery 3/26

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tillery 3/26

The crappie at Tillery are starting to come shallow. Caught a few tonight right before dark on minnows from the dock...got the boat out but with the wind blowing 20+mph decided to come back and just fish from the dock. Biggest was about 13.5" and FULL of eggs...also caught about 20 white perch. The bite didnt last long only fished about 2 hours. Water temp is sitting at 59 and the water is stained but probably 12" of visibility...which is much better than the 2-3" visibility last weekend. Wish I would have got here yesterday...but college is a bit more important right now (at least thats what everbody is telling me). Hoping that the wind dies down tonight and i can go out and hit a few of my favorite coves tomorrow and try to pull up some slabs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vtwin View Post
    The crappie at Tillery are starting to come shallow. Caught a few tonight right before dark on minnows from the dock...got the boat out but with the wind blowing 20+mph decided to come back and just fish from the dock. Biggest was about 13.5" and FULL of eggs...also caught about 20 white perch. The bite didnt last long only fished about 2 hours. Water temp is sitting at 59 and the water is stained but probably 12" of visibility...which is much better than the 2-3" visibility last weekend. Wish I would have got here yesterday...but college is a bit more important right now (at least thats what everbody is telling me). Hoping that the wind dies down tonight and i can go out and hit a few of my favorite coves tomorrow and try to pull up some slabs.
    at least you got to get out!

i hear ya on the school part! but it will be over with before you know it!
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Good report Vtwin. Sounds like you had fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Anytime you can catch 25+ fish from the dock with the wind blowing 20+ on the main lake in about 2 hours is fun...even though they werent all crappie. I was catching them so fast that I was having trouble fishing with 2 rods.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

vtwin...thanks for the rare Tillery report.