Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ today, 3/26/10.... wasted time...

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ today, 3/26/10.... wasted time...

Hey guys, just thought id give you what I know. Went to the Lake today for 3-4 hours in the afternoon hoping to capitilize on some of the warming waters. Ehhh... not so great. Caught three fish, me and my partner did. In the 4 hours that we fished, the caught all three from one single dock, in, and im not making this up, about 45 seconds. 3 - 8" fish, one dock, less than a minute.... aside from that, i cant even say for sure that either of us had a bite. I tried everything, deep, shallow, medium. Fished from 4' up to 35' depth, but mostly stayed in the 16-18 area.

The fish we did catch, were over 12 feet of water at about 6ft depth. Color didnt seem to matter as we both used different colors all throughout the day with the same horrible result.

We fished from Lighthouse Marina, purvis area, 4-5 miles down stream, and maybe a mile up just hitting a few docks. Water temp ranged from 47 up to 50 in some shallows. Clarity wasnt great, maybe a foot at best.

Sorry i dont have great news, but, ill try again in a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Give it about another week and you see the differance, the crappie are holding just waiting for alittle warmer water. Just fish those docks back in end of the coves.
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

Had a similar day. 5 keepers and a dozen or so dinks in about 4 hours fishing. Was afraid the cold front would shut them down a bit. Still a beautiful day to be out.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

it's no consulation but at least you got to practice catching I sure it will get better lots of good reports come from that lake in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Report Although The Catching Was Off You Were Able To Get Out
    Btw, Welcome To The No.1 Fishing Site Going
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3-27

Here's what we caught or should I say here are what I caught, fishing partner got frustrated cause all he could ketch was snags, we fished brush up Gravios Arm just below bridge. Name:  crappie3272010.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  105.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome first from Marshall MO, second, sorry you had bad luck, third, I like the thorough report, better luck next time.
    There is a good amount of folks here on CDC that fish LOZ that can get you on a good path to catching those specks.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner