Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Freeman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Freeman

Anyone fish Freeman. Live just off shafer and only been on freeman once. Heard it was good but heard it was bad also supposed to be good walley in the upper lake or river. Anyone? Eric

Post Thanks / Like

There are some NICE fish in there. The best thing to do is shoot the docks there are trees along the banks and if you dont get lucky with crappie, there are always the Silvers:D

Post Thanks / Like

I was on Freeman during the boat shows and we came up skunked, could not find them. When I was at one of the bait shops I heard they are catching a few crappies. I don't think they are under the docks yet water is still chilly. I might make the trip to Dodge Camp and ramp in this week. I hate ramping in town it takes forever to get to the main lake if you putt the speed limit.
    I have trolled for wallys twice this year off Blue Water beach and got skunked at that too.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Freeman has not been producing the fish like it has in the past. Hopefully it will be better this year

Post Thanks / Like

you guys ever fish the old dam area? i would think the eyes would love that place. probably eat loads of jigs though. lol

Post Thanks / Like

If your going to fish the old dam area, bring a BIG anchor. The current is very strong there. The water goes from 20 fow to 5 to 20. I fished Freeman a ton last year and never had much luck. We have a lake house not far from Ski island and I'm not even planning on bringing the fishing boat this year. Other than the lake being close it's not worth wasting your time unless your fishing for catfish or stripers. I would go to one of the reservoirs around for crappie.
    RIPPING LIPS LIKE ITS MY JOB!