Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan 3/27 Saturday... looking for fishing buddy

Durham County... Falls Lake & Jordan are my home lakes
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan 3/27 Saturday... looking for fishing buddy

Well as luck would have it my #1 fishing partner... my next door neighbor ... just got a job after being out of work for a while. I am happy for him because I know he needed a job but I now no longer have a fishing buddy for weekdays or Saturdays. My spouse works Tuesday thru Saturday and can only go fishing on Sundays or Mondays.

I am hoping maybe somebody on here would like to catch some crappie on Saturday 3/27 on Jordan. I have new boat (Triumph 191) with a pretty decent set-up with dual fishing positions on the bow, Minn Kota i-Pilot TM and a 10 rod spider rigging set-up off the front with a forward bimini for partial shade if needed.

It also features top of the line Humminbird electronics on the console and bow. I have been getting some good numbers on Jordan and the last trip out was with fellow crappie.com member "llcallahan" this past Wednesday and we caught 71 with about 30 keepers.

It should be a fun day of fishing. If anyone wants to meet me at a Jordan ramp at 7:30am on Saturday morning please PM me. I can supply everything including the poles and bait... I just need you to show up on time... nccrappiegirl
    Last edited by nccrappiegirl; 03-26-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

You can't beat that deal. I will be there Sat. in my boat, a green 16 ft. tracker deep V , I'll probaly put in at seaforth because I want to fish 2 or 3 nearby creeks. Hope to see you out there. I'll have my camera in case you catch that 2+ lb crappie this weekend. Good luck!

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sat 3/27

I plan to be there early Sat. morning but I will have my dad along with me in a our camo boat. I have been reading about all these post and the numbers that are being caught so I hope my luck changes. So far this year I have been 3 differnt Saturdays with only a couple of crappie to show for, only 2 keepers which I threw back. Didn't get to go last Sat so I'm looking forward to things changing tomorrow. I been trolling jigs, bottom bouncing minnows, jig tipped with minnows, the whole sha-bang but never the less I will be there tomorrow. If any of the people that have been catching some good crappie and are willing to share any tips feel free to PM me, I got to start catching something for our annual family easter fish fry!:D Hope to see you tomorrow, best of luck!
    Always find a way to fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I'll be looking for you. I've been on the phone with Gerald "Hawkman" a couple of times today. He is on Jordan today and said it is very slow! Even put him on my spot from last Sunday and he said there are very few bites. I may have to go look for crappie tomorrow.

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

Its the cold front comming through! Hope you guys find them.. No fishing for me this weekend as I have to work :<

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nccrappiegirl View Post
    Well as luck would have it my #1 fishing partner... my next door neighbor ... just got a job after being out of work for a while. I am happy for him because I know he needed a job but I now no longer have a fishing buddy for weekdays or Saturdays. My spouse works Tuesday thru Saturday and can only go fishing on Sundays or Mondays.

I am hoping maybe somebody on here would like to catch some crappie on Saturday 3/27 on Jordan. I have new boat (Triumph 191) with a pretty decent set-up with dual fishing positions on the bow, Minn Kota i-Pilot TM and a 10 rod spider rigging set-up off the front with a forward bimini for partial shade if needed.

It also features top of the line Humminbird electronics on the console and bow. I have been getting some good numbers on Jordan and the last trip out was with fellow crappie.com member "llcallahan" this past Wednesday and we caught 71 with about 30 keepers.

It should be a fun day of fishing. If anyone wants to meet me at a Jordan ramp at 7:30am on Saturday morning please PM me. I can supply everything including the poles and bait... I just need you to show up on time... nccrappiegirl

if you been fishing with llcallahan....you have a great fishing partner....Larry knows his stuff.

Durham County... Falls Lake & Jordan are my home lakes
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poppop View Post
    if you been fishing with llcallahan....you have a great fishing partner....Larry knows his stuff.
    poppop, Larry was great and it was a pleasure fishing with him. I wish I could find a dozen more like him. Hopefully we will go fishing again soon. I just hope I can find more fishing buddies so I don't have to fish alone so much.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

yep...Larry took me fishing once...now I can't get him to take me again....

Post Thanks / Like

Default See you on the water

My daughter and I will be out there too. See you guys/gals on the water. 18 ft Sea Pro CC named Shock Therapy (previous owner named the boat - it's a long story). Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Still looking?

PM sent. Plans changed. You still looking?