Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braided Super Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Braided Super Line

I would like anyone's opinion as to which of the braided lines listed below you consider the best, or has worked the best for you. Any kind of Info, you can think of to help me with my decision to purchase one of these. (or if there is another brand I have not listed here input on that one). Thanks, R & R

Berkley Fireline
    Power Pro Plus
    Tuf Line XP
    Cabela's Rip Cord SI
    Berlley Fireline XPS
    P-Line Spectrex IV
    Spiderwire
    Stren Super Braid
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

I like spider wire. I only use it when I go musky fishing though. I've tried super braid also but didn't like it as much. I've heard that these kind of lines can tear up the eyelets on the rod? I have had one of mine fall off so I'm not sure if that was from wear and tear or the line.
    Hank
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

RnR, I use nothing but SpiderWire "Stealth" in 10 lb, but I use a leader of 8lb monofiliment about 3 ft in length. That way I have sensitivity with the Stealth and low viz in the mono. After I first used the super lines, I couldn't go back to mono, it now feels like a big rubber band compared to braid. Just my 2 cents worth!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both Fireline and PowerPro. Both are excellent lines. I like PowerPro 10/2 the most.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

I just started using spider braided stealth. I was tired of losing fish on mono. I an thoroughly impressed with the strength of the 6lb line. It seems to be 10 times stronger than any mono I have ever used. I use it for my jig poles only, so far.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

If you havn't tried power pro plus, you are missing a great line in your arsenal. I like the 8/1 and the 10/2. This is the most sensitive line in the superbraids bar none. The only drawback to this line that iv'e found is that if you over fill the spool you will have problems. This line has no stretch, very little memory, no abrasion problems and is super limp. I have run this line for three years along with all the others listed and it wins hands down in all catagories. I have seen no damage in my rods eyelets. It is expensive but I know some guys that are running it for many years before respooling. This line is also a great cold weather line. Give it a try, you will like it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always used the mono until this summer and I went to The Power Pro 10/2. I have many likes and dislikes about it but I guess the likes out weigh the dislikes. I like the strenght,no memory the most about this line. The main dislike is that on a windy day with 12-18 ft of line out it wants to wrap around the eyes of my pole. I like the no stretch and feel on the line. I am going to try some fire line this next week on one pole to see if there is much or any difference. I only fish with jigs so there may be others that fish with shinners and jigs with other opinions. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with labill...Spiderwire..Stealth but, I use 6 pound line.

Post Thanks / Like

R&R You know your gonna buy whatever is on sale. HA! Merry CHristmas guy! Don

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the fireline xps when cabela's had it on sale a month or so ago (check thier clearance page on the website) and I really like it. I tie a swivel to it and then a 2 foot or so mono leader with the weight above the swivel. Like a carolina rig. Use it for trolling and vertical jigging.
    Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast