Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wedowee

Post Thanks / Like

Default wedowee

I was just curious if anyone on here fishes lake wedowee?I have been fishing there a couple of years and I have done ok.Just wandering if anyone could give me any pointers.Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie fisher
    I was just curious if anyone on here fishes lake wedowee?I have been fishing there a couple of years and I have done ok.Just wandering if anyone could give me any pointers.Thanks

We haven't fished it in a couple of years since fishing has improved on our lake, but we use to love to come down in Jan. & Feb. and flatline troll in the Little Tallapoosa River and Wedowee Creek. We would put in behind the Shopette and fish up. Caught them sometimes anywhere from 20 feet of water to 80+ feet with them generally suspended 12 - 18 feet deep around bait fish. The last trip we made, we actually caught them at 4 -6 feet deep over 40 feet of water with a water surface temperature of 42*. My buddy, who is from Carrollton came in there late that evening with his family and made the third boat of us fishing where we were catching them. Once we told him how we were catching them and he tried it, all you could hear when he would get a fish on was "This ain't right" echoing all over the lake.

Do some experimenting in this area and I believe you'll catch some. Who knows what the rest of the lake would be like doing this. Would love to hear a report if you give it a try! Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks big crappie Iam willing to try anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks big crappie Iam willing to try anything.

Let me know how you do when you go, Please!

Post Thanks / Like

Big crappie do you fish wedowee much.It will be middle of jan before i can start fishing I just got to much going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Big crappie do you fish wedowee much.It will be middle of jan before i can start fishing I just got to much going on.
    Not all that much, but when we do, it's usually in Jan. & Feb. and we have had real good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wedowee

I fish wedowee pretty regularly in the swagg creek area. I caught about 30 yesterday jigging and tightlining minnows on the bottom at about 30 ft. All fish were 10" and better. I also troll in that area and do pretty good. My only problem is that I would like to explore other areas that are productive. I really like the lake though. What areas do you fish and how are you catching them?
    Jigs twithchin'...............................cd
    YOU ARE EITHER PART OF THE PROBLEM....OR PART OF THE SOLUTION!! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!

Post Thanks / Like

I have mostly fished mad indian creek and the power line .Its going to be mid jan before I can get down there and fish.So keep me informed.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Fished Swagg yesterday and another small opening to a cove off the main river channel. Caught about 50 and kept 23. All over 10" and a couple of 15 inchers. They were biting pretty steady. Caught every one on a drop shot rig with minnows. Fished at 27-38 ft about a foot or two from the bottom. All the standing timber looks good but afraid of hanging up too much. Going back Tuesday to explore some more. Jigs twitchin'.......................cd:D
    YOU ARE EITHER PART OF THE PROBLEM....OR PART OF THE SOLUTION!! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!

Post Thanks / Like

crappie dog sounds like you doing good.Where is swagg?I am so ready to get down there and do some fishing, maybe soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast