Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dual Pro On The Run Battery Charger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dual Pro On The Run Battery Charger

Anyone out there familiar with or owns a Dual Pro On The Run Battery Charger? I am looking at one but I can't find any reviews of it. Bass Pro Shop handles it but they have ne reviews. It is supposed to help charge the trolling motor battery while running (connects to cranking batter and to trolling motor battery).

I posted this on the NC forum, but thought I might find someone, anyoney, out there that might have some experience with this charger.

Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated.

Bo Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Very few crappie fishermen make the runs required to have much of an effect on their TM batteries with these chargers. They dependon big outboards and long runs at WOT to do any charging.

Remember, the charging system on the outboard was designed to keep your cranking battery charged, and they often struggle to do that on long days with livewells running. Only the extra charge goes to the TM batteries, and in a lot of cases there is no extra charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Hadn't taken that into consideration. I am only running a Mercury 50hp.

Bo Bryant