Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: excellent Day on Toledo Bend

Post Thanks / Like

Default excellent Day on Toledo Bend

Fished today with Percher from Shreveport from 10 am to 2 pm and caught over 100 slabs. The weather was perfect with south winds around 10 MPH. We used a new jig I tied with chartreuse and Mylar hair on a one eighth-ounce head. We fished in 30 foot of water over brush along the river channel about 12-14 feet deep. A lot of wind-generated current had the Crappie oriented just off the structure. Water temp was just less than 50 degrees and the fish were very active with an aggressive “THUMP”.
    Anyone who love to feel the “THUMP” of and aggressive Crappie on a falling jig should consider Toledo Bend as this is the prime time to come. Fishing has never been better and I have never caught as many large fish as our guests are catching now. With the low water and cool temperatures the bite should continue throughout the winter.
    For more pictures and info please check my other posts on the Louisiana and Texas forums.
    ThumpE, Mark Robinson
    Heres Don's big fish

Heres my 2 pounder
    Robinson's Lodge
    Toledo Bend
    accommodations and guide service
    936-368-2211
    Toledobendlodge.com
    Keep what you need, Release the rest, Protect the resource.

Post Thanks / Like

Are those old photo's or to date real time?

Post Thanks / Like

Those are fresh off the camera
    Robinson's Lodge
    Toledo Bend
    936-368-2211
    Toledobendlodge.com

Post Thanks / Like

How do you navigate that water with all those stick ups? That would scare my prop into not wanting to go there.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some good looking crappie. Do you have a Epson printer when I print a picture it has those dotted lines have not got them out yet? Bout ready to get another printer. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

my camera is messed up or it is operator error. Sorry about the dots i'll try and do better.
    Robinson's Lodge
    Toledo Bend
    936-368-2211
    Toledobendlodge.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Mark

Wow! What a great day. I can't begin to describe how much fun that was and how much I enjoyed fishing with you. I'm a pretty good Crappie fisherman but I've never caught that many, so fast, so big, that hit so hard, and with such a nice guy. I'm tring for figure out if I can't take my wife's Christmas present back and raise enough money to come back next week. I didn't see anyone catch fish like we did and those jigs are the way to go. Every time I would go to Toledo and fish "MY WAY", I'd end up with only a few. If only those people who watched us kick butt would spend a few bucks and learn how to REALLY catch em. You Da man! The lunch was wonderfull and your lodge is really a fantastic place. Can't wait to come back soon. Thanks, Don

Post Thanks / Like

Good look'in fish Don and Mark. Glad to hear TB is on. Here Hamilton is way off and can't figure out why. Jerry's still catching descent messes on Greeson. But then again, I can't complain because I've been off for weeks now. Sure feels funny not being on the water everyday, lol. I'm enjoying the holidays with the family and don't want to wish time away, but I'm looking forward to getting back into a normal routine. Keep after them. Hope ya'll have a great holiday season.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]