Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some info/advise on Perko 2 battery switch

Iuka-Pickwick Lake-Tishomingo County Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some info/advise on Perko 2 battery switch

I just got the switch today, I purchase one that IBNFSHN that gave mea link to (Ignition Protected Battery Selector Switch without Key Lock - Perko 8501DP - iboats.com I read the install instructions I need someone that has installed one of these.My question is this, in the instructions is says to run the starter cable (positve cable) to the common and the come off switch with 2 additional cables to batteries 1 and 2 postive post, they it show that you connect batteries 1 & 2 negative post to the engine ground. Am I right in assuming that the engine ground is the cable I current have connected to the negative side of my cranking battery ? Just dont want to fry anything in the motor or blow up and batteries

thanks

maachuu

Post Thanks / Like

That's correct, you want to run a wire between each negative terminal.

Post Thanks / Like

That's correct, you want to run a wire between each negative terminal. Your negative side of your cranking battery goes to your engine ground, so tying the 2 negative terminals together does what the instructions require.

Iuka-Pickwick Lake-Tishomingo County Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    That's correct, you want to run a wire between each negative terminal. Your negative side of your cranking battery goes to your engine ground, so tying the 2 negative terminals together does what the instructions require.
    Thanks Shellback, wasnt sure I was reading the instructions right, you know us men sometimes dont always read the instructions :D

maachuu

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, dats it. besides tying the grounds, the most important thing is to get the cranking battery on the proper lug.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged