Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: looking for info

Post Thanks / Like

Default looking for info

I will be relocating to the forest city area, im looking for crappie water around this area to fish. I know the St. francis river runs through there but I do not know about the crappie fishing in that river.
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

England, I know guys crappie fish St. Francis River. I hear some good reports sometimes. I have never fished it for crappie. There are only two places north of the Huxtable Pumping Station...which is on the St. Francis... that I know of to launch a boat that are public ramps. And two public ramps south of the pumping station. Though, when the water gets up in the St. Francis and Mississippi river, those ramps, when the water recedes, leaves about 4 inches of mud on them. Launching a boat can be very tricky if you have a 2 wheel drive. If you are not hell bent on fishing the St.Francis river,I can show you plenty of places in your area to fish. Some are ox bow lakes, a couple of resevoirs, and others are lakes. Some of these lakes produce some nice crappie 1.5 to 3 pound crappie. My mother lives in Forrest City, I'm over that way often. If you want to ride around a couple of weekends let me know, I don't mind helping you out. Or you can follow me sometimes to these places. Most people don't like to fish with me because I fish to hard.

What brings you to Forrest City? Rusty

Post Thanks / Like

fishingpox, I am taking a new job there. I work in the cotton ginning biz. I live in senatobia ms now wich is only about 80 miles to forest city. My wife and I have decided not to move the kids because they are very happy here. my new job comes with living quarters. I will be staying there three nights a week or so. my spare time over there will be spent crappie fishing., so I am looking for water to fish that is close to forest city ( 20 min or so ). When the days get long again is when I will be fishing over there after work.
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you mean about not moving the kids. My family lives in Paragould, AR (northeast arkansas) and I live and work in Hot Springs, AR. Wished I could help with knowing where the crappie are in that area, but if you ever find your way into Hot Springs, give me a buzz and we'll go snatch some up.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome to Eastern Arkansas!!!!!!!!!

You are in one of my favorite areas of the state for crappie. My personal favorite is storm creek north of West Helena. Since we are 3 hours away, I don't get there as much as I would like. The lake has a 10 horsepower limit so the lice don't visit. Everybody there is there to fish. The lake is beautiful and full of crappie. We caught 87 on our last trip there. My favorite bait is a light green vibric roostertail.

Lake Austell in village creek state park is a wonderful lake for BIG crappie (2+ pounds) . We have had alot of luck in the timbered area across from the beach. (especially in winter). Another good oxbow is old town south of helena. Worth a run in spring. Good luck.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Spikles, I wonder if the water is coming up at old town lake. i went there a couple of months back and water was real low.

Quote Originally Posted by spikles2
    You are in one of my favorite areas of the state for crappie. My personal favorite is storm creek north of West Helena. Since we are 3 hours away, I don't get there as much as I would like. The lake has a 10 horsepower limit so the lice don't visit. Everybody there is there to fish. The lake is beautiful and full of crappie. We caught 87 on our last trip there. My favorite bait is a light green vibric roostertail.

Lake Austell in village creek state park is a wonderful lake for BIG crappie (2+ pounds) . We have had alot of luck in the timbered area across from the beach. (especially in winter). Another good oxbow is old town south of helena. Worth a run in spring. Good luck.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Fish,

We were there in early November and the water was almost 4 feet low. We had good success on the flats with firetiger colored 2" twistertails. I bet it is REAL low now. Take care

Michael