Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: apologies to everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Default apologies to everyone!

I just now read my email asking me to stop welcoming members. My apologies to everyone for welcoming everyone individually. I did not realize it would cause a problem. I thought it would be a nice polite gesture to get caught up with everyone before getting settled into a daily routine of reading new posts. Again I apologize for any problems it may have caused.
    Mitchell

Post Thanks / Like

Mitchell, I don't understand I don't see why it would cause a problem. That is one reason I keep coming back to crappie dot com is because the people here make you fill welcome. I remember when I first joined Crappie dot com. I was welcomed by so many people on this forum. I could not believe that so many people took the time to do that. I showed my wife she even read the forum some. I now let my son read this forum because of the type of people that make up this forum. I also like to welcome the new members because I remember how special it was for me at the time. It made me fill a part of the forum. And made me want to post on the forum. I think this forum is becoming like all the others ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!! If I where you I would post what ever I wanted to. Ever one else does. Even some of the mods use words I don't care for my son to read!!! I guess I will get a email next. We will see how that goes!!! I will be the first to say thanks for taking the time to welcome the new members some people on here thank it is worth the time. As it is nothing but a nice gesture that a lot of others should be doing. I liked it better when all the new members posted on the main page so more people would welcome them to the forum. Again thanks for taking up a little of your time to welcome all the new members.

BamaMan

Post Thanks / Like

Me and G-3 welcomes about every one i havent recieved 1 yet

Post Thanks / Like

Mitchell, I don't think it was that big a deal. You are welcome to welcome new members. I'd just suggest welcoming the new ones and not ones joined a while ago. When you welcome 200 people in one day, it kinda throws the order of the message board off. Members welcomed weeks ago show up and the new one get washed away off the front page. 200 welcomes in one day, at one time is just too much. Sorry.

But thank you for your participation, and welcome aboard.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I see now what the deal was. Yea I only get the new ones for the day. I try to get them all late at night.

BamaMan

Post Thanks / Like

As I understand it, I am only to welcome members that joined after I joined or preferably only on a daily basis. I was taking the time to greet and welcome older members as well. As I said, I did not realize this would cause a problem and apologies to anyone’s email or daily post readings that it interfered with or who may feel slighted that I did not get around to greet them personally before I was asked to stop. I will try to adhere to the rules and wishes of the moderators of this forum and do not wish to be a problem. Forgive my Southernisms.
    Mitchell

Post Thanks / Like

No problem at all, enjoy the board, and the company. Good fishing.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard.....now go on over to the North Carolina board and introduce yourself there and lets get to talking about fishing.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I was sorta BLEW AWAY yesterday when I welcomed yesterday's newbies. Took me looking back 20 pages just to find the new guys.:D I usually hit the newbie board every day or two.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.