Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Catarac question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catarac question

Going for the first time tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if there is a fish cleaning station with electricity?? Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like your confident your going to catch keeper fish to clean. haha Yes there is a cleaning station. Its just up the hill from the state park boat ramp. It has electricity, lights and can to dispose of cleaned fish. Not sure if they have power or water turned on yet, but they should by now. I may go out there on friday. please let me know how you do.

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know that's the only station, but it is a nice one. The other ramp (Cunot) I'm sure doesn't have one. I'd live to get out there Friday also. Been hearing they were catching in upper end of the lake as the water temp is a little warmer up there. Last week I fished the dam end, did OK but put back what we had, not quite enough for a mess. I'm wondering how all the rain we got effected the upper end though.
    Like Momma always said, "There ain't nothin' worse than a messy tackle box!"

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used the fish cleaning station yet but I did see a light on in there and that means they have the electric turned on. I hope you get a chance to test it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catarac Wednesday

Myself and Gtown made it down today with Jazzy and Gtown's son. We got on the water about 11, and headed to the fish cleaning station around 7:30. Cleaned 45 all together, but caught several more. Tried the Cunot end, but the water was a bit stained. Caught almost all our fish at the Dam end of the lake in about 15 FOW fishing anywhere from 6 to 10 feet down.

If the weather holds, we will be out again tomorrow and Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Kokomo! Did you happen to catch the water temp at cunot end and then at the dam?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catarac 3/25

Yes, we were crazy enough to get out today - same as yesterday. Gtown, Jazzy, Gtown's boy, and myself. We got on the water before the rain - around 9 am, and ended up leaving around 3:30. Cleaned 49 more today with the smallest right at 10" and the largest almost 13". Caught them just like yesterday - 10 to 15 fow and around 6 to 10 feet down. Water temp at cunot was around 48 and the dam end was around 50 yesterday - did not look today, as I was too cold!! Fished with yellow and white jigs tipped with minnow. All in all, it was a good day. We will be back out tomorrow - as for now, it's time for a cold one, and a warm shower!

Post Thanks / Like

Tell ya what, you fellas be some die-hard crappie fisherman! Today sure wasn't the best conditions. I was hoping to go tmrw also, but they're talking fridgid wind chill temps & heavy winds. Thanks for the report, Good luck tmrw & leave me a few little ones out there :D

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys were camping last night I hope you didn't get blown away. Wow, that cold front coming in packed a whallop. Not to mention all the nasty rain last night. Crappie fishermen are hardy souls.
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catarac Friday

Just to answer a few other questions, we are die-hard crappie fishermen! No, we did not camp this weekend - thank you lord! We did the hotel thing. The last couple of years, we've gone to Tennessee during this week, but finances and other family commitments prevented it this year, so we chose to fish a "new to us" lake this year. That is why we fished Catarac the last three days.

Ok - Friday, tough day!! The cold front and rain really changed things. The lake was only up about a foot, and more of it was stained, but all in all, it was still in good shape. I can not say the same thing about the fishing. We fished for about 6 hours today before heading home, and the two boats only had a total of 16 keeps! Just so you know, we ended up turning them all loose, so we left some for the rest of you. Believe it or not, yesterday in the rain (before the wind really picked up) is when we did our best. We had lots of fun, and we will come back.

If any of you ever get up to Mississinewa and need to know of a few places to start, I'll be glad to offer some suggestions. Your suggestions and help really helped us have a successful three days!