Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Late Saturday report for High Rock Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Late Saturday report for High Rock Crappie

Got there at daylight and had to wait in line to put the boat in but wasn't long of a wait though. I took 2 younger boys with me. It was very slow that morning and it was sort of cool that morning too. About 10am we started catching them in bundles more. The magic depth was about 22 to 35ft of water around 10amish. About lunchtime it got in a slowmode again so we went to get something to eat. Got back around 1pmish and talked to a troller that I saw catching fish when they come close by and asked them how deep they were and he told around 15 to 18ft deep. I know he was in 40+ feet when I saw him catching them and so we started fishing deeper water at put our lines at 15 to 18ft of water and we started smoking them. We went through a lot of throwbacks but we started catching some nice keepers for High Rock that were in the 10inch range. The best of the day was 12 1/4 incher. I'm saying we caught around 100 fish all day and we kept 52 of them. It made a nice fish fry for my family and friends yesterday. We only fished minnows.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good High Rock report oldfatcat..thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been much on trolling for crappie. Might give it a try sometime. I just have so much fun sitting there watching that bobber!

Bo Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good deal man!

Congrats on the day of catchin'! The blues are wide open right now bro. time to get on 'em! Badin is on fire if you know where to be. Shoot me a PM if you're going anytime soon. Catch 'em up!

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. Good catch too.

Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a PM Rookie.