Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: questions on the dualcone transducers from Humminbird

Post Thanks / Like

Default questions on the dualcone transducers from Humminbird

Do any of y'all have a Humminbird depthfinder with the dual cone transducer, and if so , do you like them and how well do they work.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not familiar with th term dual cone. We use 2 Lcr's one is on each side of the front of the boat. We both fish on the front of the boat. The one on the left side is a regular LCR. On the right side we have a LCR with side scan. When searching for a matt or just to know you are centered on a matt for both people, it is great.

Post Thanks / Like

They work fine !

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 565 with the dual transducer, 20 degree and 60 degree, I love it. Got the 565 and had it mounted, 200 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Hummingbird Matrix 37. It has a 3 cone transducer and a 90 degree cone angle. I wouldn't go fishin' without it.

Post Thanks / Like

I currectly have a Humminbird 100SX and am looking to upgrade to the Matrix 37. Can any of you tell me if the mounting bracket, wiring and transducer is the same of these two models or will I need to change all of it?
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

ray Guest

the transducer and wiring is different, you will need to remove old, install the new one. the mounting is the same you will like the new unit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ray
    the transducer and wiring is different, you will need to remove old, install the new one. the mounting is the same you will like the new unit
    I may be wrong, but I believe the power connection and the speed and temp wiring is the same. You will have to change the xducer though. I've got a Matrix 37 with 3 mounts. One on the bow with a dual cone trolling motor xducer, one on the dash with the quadbeam xducer, and another mount on a jon boat I have. It runs the dual beam xducer and a speed and temp unit. One Matrix head unit, and I can switch it from console to bow and then to another boat as needed.