Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hummingbird 570

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummingbird 570

I purchased this fishfinder this weekend, and am going to put it on my jon boat for crappie fishing. Has anybody used this fish finder before? If so how where the results? I am going to mount the transducer on the back of the boat and was wondering if the trolling motor would effect the signal at all? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, this is the first fishfinder i've purchased.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 596C and I think yours is very similar except it is black and white where mine is color and has a bit more power. I really like mine although the first one died after only a few hours of use, but BPS replaced it with no hassle.
    I have the transducer mounted on the trolling motor and have no interference, so you should be completely safe with it mounted on the stern

I can actually see the jig or minnow dropping when fishing under the boat:D
    This was my first decent finder, so I'm still learning how to interpret all the info it shows. Sure wish I could afford one of those whiz bang side scan jobbers though!

Quote Originally Posted by Panfisherman View Post
    I purchased this fishfinder this weekend, and am going to put it on my jon boat for crappie fishing. Has anybody used this fish finder before? If so how where the results? I am going to mount the transducer on the back of the boat and was wondering if the trolling motor would effect the signal at all? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, this is the first fishfinder i've purchased.
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!