Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: San Carlos Lake 3/18/2010 & 3/21/2010

Post Thanks / Like

Default San Carlos Lake 3/18/2010 & 3/21/2010

The wife and I took our boys to San Carlos this past Wednesday and Saturday. My boat is out of commission so we did some bank fishing. My son had a few bites but no takers. I spoke with a lot of people that passed by in boats and at the ramp and the report was the same, zero or one crappie and that was it. The water is still pretty murky so that might have them all messed up. In the backs of the coves the water temp was about 62 degrees according to a guy that passed by in his boat.

I live in Safford and the Gila River is still running pretty good so hopefully that will keep the lake level consistent for a little while at least. We fished around Willow Point and just to the West of Mohave Point in some coves. I spoke to a good friend today at church and his son spend the past three days at the lake and only caught a few the whole trip.

Sorry...no good report but if I hear any different I will try to post. Please pipe in if any of you guys hear different.

I am going to try to go next Saturday and use some slip floats to hold the bait in front of them longer, hope it works.
    TeamCSJE

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you can get to it without a boat,but there is a big cove to the right of the dam,if you are sitting in front of it,don't know whether it is East or West,lol.But,it is a great spot in a boat anyway.At the mouth of the cove should be great for the spawn.Try and get to it,let me know if you can get there.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had a chance to get out and try that spot but I did take a long drive up to Show Low and over to Springerville then down the Coronado Trail and there is still a ton of snow to melt. I am so excited...hopefully it will melt slowly so we can get a good constant flow of water into San Carlos. The Gila is still running good.
    TeamCSJE

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, did you notice if the roads to the mountains were still covered? I like that area up there by Eager/Springerville.

Post Thanks / Like

There was no snow in Eager/Springerville, it wasn't until you South of Alpine or between Pinetop/Lakeside and Eager Springerville that there was snow so the roads right around Eager/Springerville were clear.
    TeamCSJE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I was supposed to go up there this weekend for some business but something came up. We like camping up there in the summer.