Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you have a Crestliner 1750 Fish Hawk

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you have a Crestliner 1750 Fish Hawk

or a similar type deep v - we would like to pick your brain. Paul and I are looking at boats and we really like the Fish Hawk so far but the only one we got to see up close and personal was the 1600.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2003 fishhawk 1750. Love the boat. It has a 90 h.p. Suzuki on it. Motor run great. The only things I would change are I would get a 1850 because of the back deck being narrow and I would put the max motor size, but it is not needed. My will run 42 m.p.h. I bought a 30" seat pedastal and use the base in the floor for the back seat. With the pedastal on the deck you bang your legs on the motor. The new boats you can't do that. They have 4 seat bases and the base is not centered like mine. Also, I don't know about the new boats, but you have a bait well and only 1 livewell. The bait well hold my dipper for adding water to my minnow bucket. Not much good for anything else. Also, I don't know if the quality of the boat has changed since Creatliner got bought out. I can send you a picture of my boat if you would like to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you putting the express to rest?

The Hound

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. How shallow can you get with your boat? In the winter months, the docks we use are only in about a foot of water. We're looking at the 115 motor - I think max is 125. The new 1750 has livewells front and back. Would love to see pics of your boat!

Quote Originally Posted by rdant View Post
    I have a 2003 fishhawk 1750. Love the boat. It has a 90 h.p. Suzuki on it. Motor run great. The only things I would change are I would get a 1850 because of the back deck being narrow and I would put the max motor size, but it is not needed. My will run 42 m.p.h. I bought a 30" seat pedastal and use the base in the floor for the back seat. With the pedastal on the deck you bang your legs on the motor. The new boats you can't do that. They have 4 seat bases and the base is not centered like mine. Also, I don't know about the new boats, but you have a bait well and only 1 livewell. The bait well hold my dipper for adding water to my minnow bucket. Not much good for anything else. Also, I don't know if the quality of the boat has changed since Creatliner got bought out. I can send you a picture of my boat if you would like to see.
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 2004 FH 1750 with a 115 suzuki on it I liked the boat alot, but the wind would really push it around other than that it was a good boat. rdant is right max the motor out. The 115 was heavy and didn't seam like that much more than the 90Hp.
    Put the 125 on that would make a very nice rig. Look at the lund also it would be one of the two if I were looking at buying again. Now fish out of a Lund 1650SS rebel and love it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lund 1700 Fisherman and love it.
    Room for my rods and still get the grandkids in.

Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 06 Crestliner CMV 1850. It's very similar to the Fish Hawk but with raised platforms front and back. Very stable in rough water and fun too fish out of. My boat is still in storage but here's a couple of factory photos. Think Crestliner has discontinued this model, but plenty of used ones out there.

"Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians."

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up my brand new Lund Pro Guide 1675 9 days ago. Here's a link with some pics from the Virginia board. I looked at Crestliner as well but what sold me on Lund was the crappie package with three seat receptacles up front and the rod storage in the middle. If you don't want a tiller the Explorer is the same boat with a side console.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Tapout64,
    Congrats on the new boat, Very nice looking rig!

[QUOTE=TapOut64;1083899]. I looked at Crestliner as well but what sold me on Lund was the crappie package with three seat receptacles up front and the rod storage in the middle.

Thats what caught our eye on the 1750 Fish Hawk. It has the same center rod locker and can be ordered in a Crappie Edition. I really like the 1825 Explorer, I just wish there was a dealer close to us. We might have to take a road trip.
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker

Post Thanks / Like

dottiesmarine.com sells crestliner. Located on I-40 at exit 126 Holliday Tn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast