Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: boat dock fish holder?? ky lake who posted

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat dock fish holder?? ky lake who posted

who posted the picture's of the barrel dock fish holders. please do over I'd like to make one . thanks Rich

Post Thanks / Like

I did not see the one you are talking about, but I have seen a pretty good one at LOZ. It was a blue plastic barrel designed to work horizontally. It had a "cable" from end to end with an eye in the middle, the eye was attached by a cable to a "swing arm" off of the dock with a trailer winch for lifting. The door had a piano hinge on top (I could not tell what the latches were.

Good Luck...
    Gadget Man

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Rich ....

... did a search for "Barrel" & came up with this thread :

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/texas...h-storage.html

Is that the one ?? Looks alot like the one my friend at Weiss Lake has

Looks pretty simple to make. But, I think I'd drill more & smaller holes ... if for no other reason than to keep the fish from injuring themselves, by sticking their noses into the bigger holes. :p

I'd also be sure & drill holes in the bottom, especially if smaller holes are used, so that the water would drain out faster/easier. Cleaning off any ridges or burrs around the holes, will also help keep the fish from injury.

The one pictured, like my friend's, does not have a top. It might be a good idea to have one, if feasible, especially if you have turtles, Heron, or Cormorants in your area.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ole Buddy That's The One I Was Talking About .