Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishing logs

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing logs

Do any of you use a fishing log?? If so do you keep track in a written log or do you use some sort of software or web-based log?
    Missouri-Fishing.com! Total Fishing Resource for Missouri Anglers!

Post Thanks / Like

I just save it as a Microsoft Word document and email it to myself. That way anywhere I have email I can read it or print it.

Just sorted entries by months of the year. Log entry notes date, water temp, approx water level, water condition (cloudy/clear), water body, location, method, lure/bait.

Then I just check the log and see what I was doing during that month the last couple years and what worked. Maybe one day I can look back at the last couple decades worth of logs. Heh hope I don't loose that Word document I keep any hard copies... lol but I got bout 4 or 5 digital copies saved in various places.

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

I too keep track-water temp,wind speed &direction,were i Fished, Ect. Its pretty interesting to go back a year and compare.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been using one I made in Excel for several years.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I started a log back in 1982. The first thing I do when the trip is over is to record my info. I keep mine in a written form, but need to set up something on my pc. I record: amount, depth, wind, temp, structure, h2o temp, weather, line size, hook size, bait, color of h2o, waypoints, ect...
    This really helps from year to year. My wife said that I take this too serious.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Default Started one last year

I just use a ledger my wife got from school.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I have thought about logging things, but, I see no reason too, since I fish the same spots most of the time anyway, and know where to expect the fish to be on any lake depending on time of year. Now, the bigger Crappie, that is my goal. I still search for where they hangout throughout the year other than spawn. I can find 2-4 lbers all day long during spawn, but rarely catch one throughout the rest of the year. Most of the fish I get on, go from about 10" - 13". A normal trip for me, is to explore new areas first, then fall back on "my spots" later in the trip. Owning a GPS now, I see no need to keep a log.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I use the notebook in Lotus Organizer to log my trips. I've got several years of records now and I enjoy going back and reading about all the fishing days, the good and the bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a hard copy log recording the same info as the above have listed. If nothing else it makes for interesting memories of the past trips. My son utilizes the old log books for his trips also. Another item to pass down to the family perhaps, if they are interested in fishing??

Post Thanks / Like

I use a software program "Fish-N-Log" by Taysys Software
    http://www.taysys.com/thpsuite.htm
    This has a wide range of logs
    Fish-N Log
    Travel Log
    Media Log
    Compete-N Log
    Equip- N log
    Trip Sheets
    Lunar Chart
    Summary & Graphical Analysis