Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maiden Voyage Skunk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maiden Voyage Skunk

Well, I was able to get my "new to me" boat out today on Smithville, but didn't do any good fishing... For the first time ever, I thought the launch and load went fairly well, boat ran well, was able to back it into the garage okay too :D

So, all in all, not a wasted day, just wish I'd have found some fish. I am going to have to get with someone to show me the ropes at Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default couldn't be all that bad of a day

you got out and that was more than the people working were able to do...catching some would have just been a bonus......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Man that's a bummer I remember reading about you getting your boat and chomping at the bit to get it out. It was a tougher winter up there for you Smithville guys.
    Sorry the fish didn't play along.
    However, I do agree with Monty, I was working at Ivy Bend at LOZ today, I could have thrown a rock in the water from the house I was working in, most beautiful sun when the fog lifted, got to about 60 deg. and I was working

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    you got out and that was more than the people working were able to do...catching some would have just been a bonus......
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No fish but sounds like it was a good day. The more you do it the easier it will get.

Post Thanks / Like

I put in at Little Platte today (with a new cotter pin) Fished main lake brush = not good. Went up to W Bridge, but couldn't get myself to fish in the shade with the nice day. Went to the cove on the west side of the lake, just south of W bridge and caught 1 keeper and 1 short in about 20 fow using silver casting spoon and crappie nibbles.

Met 'Gotcrappie' at the landing = very nice guy!

Post Thanks / Like

yup you doin better than me, cuz i was sittin in my patrol truck watchin from the sidelines as all you guys at smithville today drove your boats by, all i could do was sit and watch and sigh with jealousy
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got it out today. Had to be a really nice day to get out though.

Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Those maiden voyages are fun. Just had mine a few weeks ago. Sure is a good feeling when you get out there on the water and everything works like it's supposed to.

keeferfish is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Practice makes perfect so congrats on the practice run. Smithville is always good for a SKUNK or TWO!

Post Thanks / Like

wannagofishin Im glad you finnaly got your boat out the fishing was going to be tough because they were pulling water. I met nvrgvup44 Josh i think (getting older) very nice young man.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast