Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman 3/18 Rawhide day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 3/18 Rawhide day

as in tough....... started out with lots of fog and it stayed around until almost 11 am........ fog wasn't a problem with the gps to get up and down the lake, just couldn't see the trees until you right on them...finally started around 11 on some we liked and nailed 3 keepers right off then 2 more trees and 6 nojoes, and that was it as in done......... tried everything what we caught were 11' down in 24' fow...... black/chart..... we tried cedars,hardwoods, even tried back in some coves fishing cork 1 1/2' deep..... nothing, but did find some 48.4 degree water....... so spent a lot of time trying out this side scan....... think I saw a skelton or two with that thing, wasn't sure so didn't report them...... main lake was 41-43 degrees and they were letting out a lot of water, out on the main our jigs would head downstream and quick to do it..... but we are trying and will keep trying.......2 nd pic is just proof we did catch a few, and there lucky day they got put back.........
    Last edited by olesilverside; 04-27-2010 at 12:59 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

tough day for you man. sorry hope next trip is better,and am sure it will be. later man

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy some sun!
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have been happy with the NoJoes, and why you smiling more with those small fish more than you do with the big ones??
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Better than my crappy day in the office.

Glad you got out and got some sun on that old pale face of yours. :D
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Better than watching the weeds grow. Glad you got that thump.

Post Thanks / Like

OSS, the way I figure it is like of like everyone else, at least you caught something. And that is more than I have done this Spring. At least my friend you have had a fishing rod in your hands.

Good Job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    as in tough....... started out with lots of fog and it stayed around until almost 11 am........ fog wasn't a problem with the gps to get up and down the lake, just couldn't see the trees until you right on them...finally started around 11 on some we liked and nailed 3 keepers right off then 2 more trees and 6 nojoes, and that was it as in done......... tried everything what we caught were 11' down in 24' fow...... black/chart..... we tried cedars,hardwoods, even tried back in some coves fishing cork 1 1/2' deep..... nothing, but did find some 48.4 degree water....... so spent a lot of time trying out this side scan....... think I saw a skelton or two with that thing, wasn't sure so didn't report them...... main lake was 41-43 degrees and they were letting out a lot of water, out on the main our jigs would head downstream and quick to do it..... but we are trying and will keep trying.......2 nd pic is just proof we did catch a few, and there lucky day they got put back.........
    Wait just a minute here!!!! I read your post 3 times and I read GPS and SIDE SCAN 3 times! I guess ole OSS went high tech on us! You need to tune it a little so you are only fishing the trees that have 3 keepers!:D

So what did you think of it? I have been using mine for a while and I really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default now Tom u don't read well

that was Ranger's scanner, below is a pic of what mine looks like......:D
    Last edited by olesilverside; 04-27-2010 at 12:59 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Good time, wish the fish would have cooperated better. Oh well sometimes the crappie win. Nice looking hat.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast