Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch out Bugman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Watch out Bugman

Monster Quest on History Channel tonight was at LOZ looking for piranha's Stay away from Mile marker 5:D
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger397V View Post
    Monster Quest on History Channel tonight was at LOZ looking for piranha's Stay away from Mile marker 5:D

We picked up a school of on our $300 unit last time we where there! I think Bugs caught one!!!
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger397V View Post
    Wish i could of seen that,them little toothy suckers will never keep me away from that part of the lake!!!so what are they saying about populations of em down there?

Quote Originally Posted by longliner View Post
    We picked up a school of on our $300 unit last time we where there! I think Bugs caught one!!!
    I caught up with a big mouthed toothless sucker when you pulled up in my driveway the first time:D
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Piranhas found at Lake of Ozarks : News : KRCG

Made the news a couple years ago, confirmed by MDC, I didnt believe the show either till I just did a little googleing

Post Thanks / Like

Just aint right to fish for something that has more teeth than me!

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully they'll eat the bass and leave the crappie alone.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pretty good show

They said the last confirmed was at 5 mile marker so they dropped in a whole chicken with a camera. Looked like perch feeding on it to me. MDC has yet to net one but they studied some in a fish tank, dropped the temp to see if they could survive the winter and concluded that they would survive at 55 degree's. Guess you have some natural springs that run year round so it would be possible for them to make it. I think you are safe for now:D
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default There goes the

neighborhood........ now my co2 life vest will get a big ole hole bit in it.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

They didn't find any. Doesn't Truman have the capability to pump water back? Maybe there in Truman now. No lip'n fish for me. And OSS, stay outta the water til camp, we ain't met yet. Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Post Thanks / Like

Not to say it's impossible for Piranha to be in there, but every story I have heard of turned out to actually be a Red Bellied Pacu which closely resembles a Piranha, but without the toothy smile:D
    Here is a link to a website that explains the differences between a Pacu and a Piranha. HOW TO IDENTIFY PIRANHA FROM A PACU

Pacu are available in most any pet store and are often released when they either outgrow the owners tank or someone wants to be a joker and create some excitement. There are very few actual Piranha in the United States as they are illegal to own except for licensed Aquariums and for scientific purposes, but occasionally someone gets their hands on one. However these are serious fish keepers and collectors of rare and unusual species. If the average person were offered a Piranha it would likely be far too expensive for most folks and certainly wouldn't be released into the wild. I also read one time that they can't survive in water below 50º, but Pacu can tolerate temps in the low 40's
    That said, stranger things have happened, so it isn't impossible, just highly unlikely.

I would have sworn that you would never see an Alligator in Oklahoma either, but I actually photographed one about 4 feet long that was caught on a trotline in a large farm pond just West of Tulsa back in 1989! Fish and Game was called and the photo of the agent with the Gator ran in the Sand Springs Leader. Needless to say, it caused quite stir in the area!:D:D:D
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast