Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West TN Club Update / Planning Meeting

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation West TN Club Update / Planning Meeting

First, thanks to Charger and Slab, for setting us up a sub-forum!!! Thought it would be good for us to have a place to bounce club ideas / business around, without cluttering up the main TN forum.

As of this posting, we have 30 guys and gals on the "I'm in" list, and those are just the crappie.com folks!!!!!!!! I have also posted ads on Craigslist, and hope everyone is spreading the word to those outside this site.

I have not posted invitations on the surrounding State forums (KY, MO, AR, MS, AL), although there are a couple of folks from KY and MS, as well as one or two from Middle TN who have indicated an interest in joining. What do you all think about posting some invitations on those other State forums? Let me know.

Not sure when the FlashChat feature will be available again. When it gets up and running, that will be a great tool to allow us to get together and plan / discuss, without all the driving.

That said, FlashChat is not available now, so I think it would be good for us to go ahead and schedule a preliminary planning meeting. Seems the first step should be for us to get together and discuss all of our ideas (how will the club be organized / structured, what sort of events / activities do we want to hold, etc.).

There is absolutely no way that we can decide on a time or location that will work for everyone, but we need an idea of what the general concensus is. So...

-When do we want to schedule this? Would a week day evening, or a weekend day / evening work best for each of you?

-Where do we want to schedule this? Right now, for those on the list that indicated where they lived, we have to consider folks who live in Camden, Springville, Ripley, Rutherford, Trenton, RoEllen, Dyersburg, Samburg, Jackson, Lexington, Parsons, Arlington, Millington, Collierville, Savannah... not to mention North MS, Western KY, and Middle TN (whew). Personally, I think the first meeting should be central to all of West TN. So, where?

-How do we want to meet? What about reserving a private room at a restaurant? We could eat, visit, discuss our business, and visit some more!!!

I also posted this thread on the main TN forum, so no one would miss it. Feel free to respond to either one.

From this point on, let's try to stick to the WTCC sub-forum, with regard to any club related posts, so we won't all have to be looking all over the place, hoping not to miss anything.

Look forward to hearing from / meeting you all!!!

George

Post Thanks / Like

George, My 2 cents worth. It looks like Jackson would be a central location. I think meeting at a restaurant would be good. I'm open on during the week or weekend but I just need at least week notice when we plan to meet so I can adjust my work and church schedule. I'm ok with anybody who wants to be part of the club, no matter what state or area.
    Last edited by crappie4me2; 03-17-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie4me2 View Post
    George, My 2 cents worth. It looks like Jackson would be a central location. I think meeting at a restaurant would be good. I'm open on during the week or weekend but I just need at least week notice when we plan to meet so I can adjust my work and church schedule.
    I second that. Jackson does seem to be the most central spot. Maybe we can move future meetings around to give others a shorter drive in the future. Evenings 6:30ish should work for me or I could probably even meet earlier.

Post Thanks / Like

Jackson will be central location. But I would like to see folks show up.... Im free anytime with notice

Post Thanks / Like

notice is the most important thing for me. I teach school and am involved in a masters program, so i am free some evenings, don't know about ya'll but weekends are hectic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    I second that. Jackson does seem to be the most central spot. Maybe we can move future meetings around to give others a shorter drive in the future. Evenings 6:30ish should work for me or I could probably even meet earlier.
    Jason,

I agree. If we decide to have regular meetings, I think it would be great to rotate around to different towns. That way, everyone gets an equal opportunity to burn some gas. Plus, I am sure that there are people that would attend a meeting very close to their home, that would not drive out of town. Would be good for everyone to have an opportunity to attend a meeting every now and then. The only other idea I had was for us to hold every meeting at Lynn's house. (Do you know if he can cook???) :D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speck-tackler View Post
    Jason,

I agree. If we decide to have regular meetings, I think it would be great to rotate around to different towns. That way, everyone gets an equal opportunity to burn some gas. Plus, I am sure that there are people that would attend a meeting very close to their home, that would not drive out of town. Would be good for everyone to have an opportunity to attend a meeting every now and then. The only other idea I had was for us to hold every meeting at Lynn's house. (Do you know if he can cook???) :D:D:D
    He!:DHe!:D How about down at the RoEllen Bottoms on the old railroad? LOL!!

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

jackson don`t sound bad ,evening 6:30ish with notice
    Last edited by blueball; 03-17-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Well i am from huntingdon,tn originally. i am working and living in nashville now. most every weekend besides my on call weekend for work i am home in huntingdon. so jackson is just fine with me. i hope we can maybe meet next weekend so i can attend. this is my on call weekend for work this coming weekend. glad to see this coming together very well. glad other nearby states have intrest as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default meeting

Most folks know where the Old Country store is in Jackson, and its relative easy to get to, and they have all sizes of meeting rooms and a buffet every night I believe..Ryans has a back room and buffet also.. i dont know how many person you have to guarantee or any particulars . anyway just a few suggestions..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast