Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hunting for the Toledo Bend Three pound crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default hunting for the Toledo Bend Three pound crappie

Terry Cole comes back for a second match against the Toledo Bend crappie. Terry said he wanted to catch a really big crappie. He wanted a wall hanger, instead of filets for the freezer. I told him that the 3-pound plus crappie are hard to come by, especially when there are so many smaller fish on the bite, like right now on the bend. He arrived from Houston about 8:30 AM with insulated overalls and rod in hand. We fished hard on holes I have taken some big crappie out of in the past years but the 3+ crappie didn’t take the bait. Terry did leave that afternoon with a limit of good crappie and 8 of them were over the 2-pound mark. As he headed out for home he said he would be back, because he was confident his three-pound fish was out there waiting for him.
    ThumpE
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Robinson's Lodge
    Toledo Bend
    accommodations and guide service
    936-368-2211
    Toledobendlodge.com
    Keep what you need, Release the rest, Protect the resource.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark, put me in the reserve pot for the 3 lb+ Crappie. I'd settle for those 2 lb + Crappie anyday. I hear that you and your old fishing buddy percher are going to slay the Sac-A-Lait this week. Wish I was there. It kinda sounds like there might be some competition between you two on who catches the most Crappie and the biggest. Percher said he taught you everything you know about fishing. HeHeHe LOL Later R & R :D
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Dang man, those are some big fish..I almost got sick at work. fish fever