Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any MS River Oxbow fishermen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any MS River Oxbow fishermen

I was just wondering if there are any MS River Oxbow crappie fisherman that reads this Mississippi forum. I'm deer hunting right now but if I get a couple nice days, not to cool and too much wind, I want to crappie fish a couple of days during the Holidays.

There are a lot of good post on the Louisiana Board but most are West and South LA. I wish we could get the participation on the MS board that they have. It would be very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

its because we are all deer or duck hunting too. Don't know where your from but check the river level that will tell you all you need to know about the water level on the oxbows.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Chotard a good bit. As a matter of fact our crappie club (Magnolia Crappie Club) has a open tournament there Jan 7. I will be staying at the big cabin by the boat ramp. We are having a cookout that Friday night. The crappie are tearing it up right now. I got good reports from this past weekend from some of our members. No need to worry about the river. It would have to come up allot to get into the lake.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Old River (Minorca) and Deer Park in Vidalia, LA. Haven't been to Chotard or Albamare (sp?) in a long time. Waiting on the river level to get up before I head that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Slab - how are they catching them at Chotard right now? I am in north MS and don't get that far south too much but I am just really curious what the hot pattern is down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Waxworm - We are trolling minnows deep.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB