Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bait Shop Guide - need help - please read

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bait Shop Guide - need help - please read

OK Guys and Gals, I need your help. I am opening another website to try to help all our favorite Baitshops. I am opening BaitshopGuide.com

Please go out and ask the owner of your favorite baitshop to go to BaitshopGuide.com and register, and add information and pictures about their baitshop.

The baitshop will get a free listing, they enter and manage all their own information, and I advertise for them on Crappie.com. I will be adding banners to crappie.com for baitshopguide.com shortly.

What do I get out of it, nothing! Well, I shouldn't say nothing. Eventually, once my jig scent comes together, I will simply ask them if they would be willing to sell some in their store. But that's it. That's all I want or expect. This way I know I'm introducing my product to crappie.com member approved baitshops.

You get lots of information about good “crappie.com approved” baitshops, baitshop owners get more advertising, and I get a list of recommended baitshops.

Please help me, help you, help me! My intention is to quit my day job in three months and work on crappie.com full time, and I'm going to need lots of help to do so. I'm hoping to get my Slab Sauce and Liquid Minnow into some baitshops to push me over the top. Crappie.com is far from bringing in an income to me, but the potential is there. I've been running it in the red pretty much since 1996, and finally last year it kinda broke even, and I feel this year is the year for crappie.com. So please, help me, help you, help me. The more time I can spend on crappie.com, the better it will be, and the more time I may have to go out fishing with you all! And believe me, I need more time to fish. Thank you for you anticipated help.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

you got it bub. thanks for a wonderful site and a great group of guys.

Post Thanks / Like

you should also set it up so people can enter in info about local baitshops on their own that way you have the info for the baitshop in your database so you can contact at a later date and crappie.com members will know about baitshops in a particular area they want to fish even if the baitshop isn't selling the scent (but they might once contacted).

Post Thanks / Like

I'll do all I can, i've got a couple in mind for ya...

Post Thanks / Like

do what we can slab

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 shops around me that I will talk to.
    If you could write up a "sumthin" that we could print out and take with us.
    Detailing the info they would need to find your site, the info they would need to enter and anything else. especially detailing the advertisment they would get.

That way it doesnt look like some guys walking in saying hey do this... Give us some ammo to use on these shops! :D
    Maybe even a fax line so they could fill out the form that you provide and fax it to you. looks real legit that way aswell. Some of these shops I know donot get online. They are real old school, baitshop, bar, wooden house 2 pump gas stations with dedicated minner buyers.

now that I think of it. I have a couple guys that are regulars at lake houston (Crappie heaven!) and lake conroe. That could also pass these "sumthins" out to all the lake baitshops.

A "We sell Crappie.com gear" banner or sticker would get you TOns of sales.
    Last edited by ezdaar; 03-17-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll put a bug in Dano's ear and some of the other folks here in town as I visit them this spring. Seems I can't drive by a bait shop unless I'm going fishing, then all I want to do is drive by them and hit the ramp!

BTW... one suggestion, slab. I noticed you have a listing for a shop here in town that doesn't offer any live baits. They do offer plenty of fly fishing stuff however and they are run by some of the nicest folks around, but, what I'm getting at is...

If I were planning a trip to Little Rock, how am I going to know if they offer live bait or not? I'd hate to be there at 5:30 AM expecting to buy a few dozen minners only to be disappointed.

Oh, and GREAT IDEA! Wow this is really a needed web site. Thanks!
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

Post Thanks / Like

Will do in North Al.
    Wishing ya`ll hard strikes and heavy stringers and slay those slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the problem with letting anyone enter bait shops is that I need the owner of the bait shop to own the listing so that they can ensure accuracy. All I really need is an email address of the owner to provide him login information, and we could enter them in initially on behalf of the owner. I'll try to think it through.

Also, the baitshop does not have to carry any of my scents to be listed, I just want a crappie.com recommended list that would help our fishermen, no strings attached.

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait View Post
    you should also set it up so people can enter in info about local baitshops on their own that way you have the info for the baitshop in your database so you can contact at a later date and crappie.com members will know about baitshops in a particular area they want to fish even if the baitshop isn't selling the scent (but they might once contacted).
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea about the pamplet, I will work on putting something together directly. And I'll make it available here.

The sticker idea is good too, once I finalize the scent, I'll have to provide them one for their window.

Great help all, and great ideas. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ezdaar View Post
    I have 4 shops around me that I will talk to.
    If you could write up a "sumthin" that we could print out and take with us.
    Detailing the info they would need to find your site, the info they would need to enter and anything else. especially detailing the advertisment they would get.

That way it doesnt look like some guys walking in saying hey do this... Give us some ammo to use on these shops! :D
    Maybe even a fax line so they could fill out the form that you provide and fax it to you. looks real legit that way aswell. Some of these shops I know donot get online. They are real old school, baitshop, bar, wooden house 2 pump gas stations with dedicated minner buyers.

now that I think of it. I have a couple guys that are regulars at lake houston (Crappie heaven!) and lake conroe. That could also pass these "sumthins" out to all the lake baitshops.

A "We sell Crappie.com gear" banner or sticker would get you TOns of sales.
    Owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast