Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Duck Creek???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duck Creek???

Has anyone been? Talked to a guy thats fishes over there this past weekend and he said he's caught a few toward the end of last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i fish it alot early in the spring. Just went Friday and Saturday this last week. Caught a few each day. Seems like to me the worst the weather the better the fishing. Like cloudy windy day maybe even some rain. Sunny hardly any wind not so good. Also you most likely are not going to go catch a limit. But the ones you do catch are going to be BIG. It will take some time to learn to fish the lake it can be very Frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

me and a buddy went two weeks ago didnt catch any crappie my buddy caught 1 chain pickerl. it was just after ice melted water was still very cold we were slip corkin minnow off the bank and jigged around boat docks.
    when the water gets warmer it think they will turn the lake looked really good they pushed a bunch of stumps and trees of the back side road into the lake should give good cover and better bank fishing.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys
    I have fished over there a few times and get nothing but pee'd off everytime I go cause I cant catch anything.
    SEMO-Do you use jigs or minnows and if jigs what colors have you found to be the best for you?

Post Thanks / Like

I've talked to some guys who can catch'em there, but I'm not one of them. I leave scratching my head.

Post Thanks / Like

i have caught them before on jigs
    black/chart.,orange/mud,and blue/white mostly

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Smitty

Post Thanks / Like

Been a hunnerd years since I was down there, but mainly bow hunted Mingo. Did some duck huntin too, but never fished it.

Question: Can a guy get a 17 foot Tracker on there, and is there a motor size limit?

Thx,

Jimmydee

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can launch it. You can run any size you want at no-wake speed.

Post Thanks / Like

I do fish with minnows some of the time. Mosty jigs, i would agree with smitty with his jig colors but would add black and white. If someone is gonna fish minnows i am going to fish jigs. Or if we do not have minnows i will make sure we fish a different color. I will always try and fish right above the grass. Just remember to fish it alittle deeper than u normally would elsewhere. I will always be fishin with a bobber in that lake. hope that helps some.