Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don G ......

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don G ......

are you feeling better ? Sorry I missed you. We could have used your help ...LOL!! Paul and I pretty much bombed on our searches. We just don't know enough deep water brushpiles or docks in that area. We've become too used to finding them around the shallower timber, and a few (too well known) docks....LOL!! We're hoping for some cooler weather over the next two weeks, to bring them into our usual spots.
    Let me know how you do on your return trip ......... see you next week ...cp

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling Better

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    are you feeling better ? Sorry I missed you. We could have used your help ...LOL!! Paul and I pretty much bombed on our searches. We just don't know enough deep water brushpiles or docks in that area. We've become too used to finding them around the shallower timber, and a few (too well known) docks....LOL!! We're hoping for some cooler weather over the next two weeks, to bring them into our usual spots.
    Let me know how you do on your return trip ......... see you next week ...cp
    I'm begining to feel some better. Still running a fever but not as choked up. My back is doing much better and I am trying to get in 2 miles a day walking.

Blackie went for a check up today and his doctor put him on high blood pressure medicine and a heavy dose of cholestrol medicine. No wonder, fried fish, hushpuppies, fried potatoes, hamburger steak, fried onion rings. LOL...We are going to watch what we eat "AFTER" the Fall Brawl.

If you & Paul could come down early we could show you a few of our places. We spend a lot of time keeping Killer out of trouble. He and the Lawyer, at the "slide", got heated up last week. We kinda smoothed things over by talking to the Lawyers wife while she was fishing off their dock. We also were successful in bringing the truth out of Killer. Blackie's truth serum works.

Looking forward to seeing you & Paul next week...DG

PS: Do you have a GPS yet?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sounds like a "MESS" to me.

Don I kept a close watch in the news paper for your name to show up, but glad it didn't. You sure didn't sound very well when we talked Friday.

I had to drop the Yamaha in the shop Friday from the test run to check it out from the summer rest.... They better get on the ball... This is the first trouble with it. They said that they now consider gas stale, bad, it it's 3 months old. They're seeing more problems from gas than ever before. He said to run the engine dry if it's not going to be used in 30 days and burn the gas in the lawn mower. Also to start useing stablizer along with ring free. I've been useing ring free but not the stablizer.

Tell Blackie "Welcome to the world of OLE AGE" If he had started earlier like I did with all that stuff, everything would still be clear....When I asked the Dr. a couple weeks ago, after his probeing around in my heart, was he going to tell me to back off the bar-b-que and the GOOD fried foods. He said that I looked so good, to just don't over do it. As soon as he cut me loose, the first place I stopped was for a good hamburger on the way home and then to the drug store to get new medicine.

See you guys in a couple of days. The cool weather is going to make things better.
    Gerald

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    I'm begining to feel some better. Still running a fever but not as choked up. My back is doing much better and I am trying to get in 2 miles a day walking.

Blackie went for a check up today and his doctor put him on high blood pressure medicine and a heavy dose of cholestrol medicine. No wonder, fried fish, hushpuppies, fried potatoes, hamburger steak, fried onion rings. LOL...We are going to watch what we eat "AFTER" the Fall Brawl.

If you & Paul could come down early we could show you a few of our places. We spend a lot of time keeping Killer out of trouble. He and the Lawyer, at the "slide", got heated up last week. We kinda smoothed things over by talking to the Lawyers wife while she was fishing off their dock. We also were successful in bringing the truth out of Killer. Blackie's truth serum works.

Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i would git a secind opinion . you can go on line to 2 sites . the marinedoctor .com and iboats .com . i havent heard of gass going bad in 30 dayes . if it does it is a new thing. .
    papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey DG ..

Nope - no GPS. But e-mail me the coordinates and I'll find 'em ...LOL!!

You boys need to start taking better care of yourselves ... ease up on the "fried food" binges, take your medicine, and go easy on the "serum" ...LOL!!

We will be down on Thur morning of next week. We'd be happy to follow you guys to some "new water".

You two should really reconsider and fish the tourney - gonna be some nice stuff given away !!

Oh Yeah ! ... I heard a rumor that Jackie York was considering partnering up with another lady and entering the tourney!! That sounds like serious competition to me ... I told 'em they should "go for it " !! :D

See you two next week ............luck2ya .................cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG

Post Thanks / Like

Don do not show them the spots what i showed you they are off limits till after the fall brawl and by the way don i am bringing a whole fleet down to the slide and i will tell the lawyers wife you told me to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Killer ....

you can only fish one brush pile at a time ... and if you have so much "insider knowledge" on the whereabouts of so many good brushpiles and docks - what's the harm in "sharing" a couple of them ....??? That's part of the whole idea of these tournaments - to show the out-of-state visitors where they can catch some nice fish, show everyone some Southern Hospitality, make some new friends and aquaintences, and hope that everyone has such a good time that they will want to come back (to the tournaments AND when there aren't any tourneys).
    YOU showed ME how to get to the "slide" ... and I still haven't caught enough fish in that area to consider it a "favorite spot" of mine ...LOL!! (proof that you can lead a angler to a spot, but you can't make him catch fish !! ...LOL!!)
    I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the "playing field" level, and everyone be on a more equal footing (by knowing enough productive places to fish) ........ and then letting my casting accuracy, bait choice, presentation method, and boat handling skills do the talking for me.

And leave the Lawyer alone ... don't get him all riled up -- he just might have some "connections" and get a law passed, making it "illegal" to fish within a certain distance of a private dock !! Then you'd have all the Bass & Crappie anglers after your hide ..... !

See you at the weigh-in ................luck2ya ...............cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    you can only fish one brush pile at a time ... and if you have so much "insider knowledge" on the whereabouts of so many good brushpiles and docks - what's the harm in "sharing" a couple of them ....??? That's part of the whole idea of these tournaments - to show the out-of-state visitors where they can catch some nice fish, show everyone some Southern Hospitality, make some new friends and aquaintences, and hope that everyone has such a good time that they will want to come back (to the tournaments AND when there aren't any tourneys).
    YOU showed ME how to get to the "slide" ... and I still haven't caught enough fish in that area to consider it a "favorite spot" of mine ...LOL!! (proof that you can lead a angler to a spot, but you can't make him catch fish !! ...LOL!!)
    I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the "playing field" level, and everyone be on a more equal footing (by knowing enough productive places to fish) ........ and then letting my casting accuracy, bait choice, presentation method, and boat handling skills do the talking for me.

And leave the Lawyer alone ... don't get him all riled up -- he just might have some "connections" and get a law passed, making it "illegal" to fish within a certain distance of a private dock !! Then you'd have all the Bass & Crappie anglers after your hide ..... !

See you at the weigh-in ................luck2ya ...............cp

Crappiepappy i am just having fun with Don .i dont care what they show you LOL i am going down today at my camper till sunday then ill go back next tues till the following sunday ill show you some new places ok pal my cell phone number is 865-435-4303

that old man at the slide dont own the lake he tells every one that he sees to leave i dont fish by his dock i fish about 100 feet from it anyway that is TVA LAND ***** HIM
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 10-06-2004 at 07:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeah Killer, I know ....

and I'm just stirring the pot, myself ....LOL!!

Just remember to not catch all the fish out of your "honey holes" before tourney time !! Give us a report on your trips - not "where", but at least "how deep", "around what", and "on what bait" ......................cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast