Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lowe stick steer

Post Thanks / Like

Default lowe stick steer

i just bought a 16 ft. lowe stick steer, just wondered if any body had one and what you think about it. i bought it to fish the little conservation lakes close to home, i usually fish out of my skeeter but just thought this would be better on the smaller lakes. it has a 25 hp johnson which should be plenty, actually i'm thinking about trying to swap for a 9.9, since that is as big as most of our smaller lakes will let you run. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good rig for what you plan on using it for. A 9.9 will be real sluggish on that boat as it's a bit heavier than a flatbottom 16ft'er. Maybe you can just not plane out on those lakes if they are not too strict about hp regs.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought about this. Just buy a 9.9 kicker motor.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll like the boat on smaller waters. Should you swap the motor, I wouldn't, make sure you have the right prop to achieve proper rpm's or you will carbon up the motor and cause a wide range of problems. I would use the 25 at lower rpm instead. Mine ran 20mph forever on 6 gallons. Fun boat, but they don't like wind. Blowy and rough riding in windy, choppy conditions. The guy in the back needs rain gear in rough weather at speed.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the advice guys, think i'll just stay with the 25.