Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Crappie

The Decatur Daily is showing a 4.09 lb crappie caught here in North Alabama. Home - Decaturdaily.com

Post Thanks / Like

Me thinks that men who hold fish at arm length for picture have small p^^ P^^s.
    That picture is worthless.
    If a fish is really that big a trophy why do people have to ruin the picture with the go go gadget arm thing?????
    A 4lb crappie is a nice one!!! Especially for us northerners.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep he's gonna release it and someone else will catch it and it's gonna go home with them. Nice fish but if I ever hang one that big it's going on the wall. Us northern boys are lucky to see 2 to 2 1/2 maybe.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Black?

The article states that the Alabama Department of Conservation and natural Resourses certified and weighed it. The article also states the state record is 4 lb 9 oz. This is the record for white crappie. The record for black is 4 lb. 6 0z. This looks like a black Crappie to me. Im sure the paper made the mistake and not the Department of Conservation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opie1 View Post
    Me thinks that men who hold fish at arm length for picture have small p^^ P^^s.
    That picture is worthless.
    If a fish is really that big a trophy why do people have to ruin the picture with the go go gadget arm thing?????
    A 4lb crappie is a nice one!!! Especially for us northerners.
    Yeah, that camera angle is less than desirable... "If that fish is so big, why do your hands look huge?"

Plus, holding a fish out that far away from your body could cause you to lose your balance, fall forward, and hurt yourself!:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

What difference does it make how the fish is held, that is a great fish in any book, all I can say is great job fella!!!!!!! Wish it could have been me as do all of you complaining about it..

Post Thanks / Like

when somone is holding a fish out from their body they are trying to make the fish look bigger then what it is....large fish should be held close to the body
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Why would anyone care how someone holds a fish for a picture. I guess some people try to be critical. Lighten up.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Ok I understand now, but does that make the scales weigh lighter to. I understand the trick, I just dont understand why people have to take away from something so great by complaining about it. There is no rule book on holding a big fish here in Oklahoma.. I think a fish that weighs 4.9 lbs and 19" long speaks for itself if you want a better mental image find a tape measure and satisfy yourself..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod2 View Post
    Oh, Ok I understand now, but does that make the scales weigh lighter to. I understand the trick, I just dont understand why people have to take away from something so great by complaining about it. There is no rule book on holding a big fish here in Oklahoma.. I think a fish that weighs 4.9 lbs and 19" long speaks for itself if you want a better mental image find a tape measure and satisfy yourself..
    Well said!
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast