Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ANS.on Lake o the Pines (the Pope is officiallY Hair Lipped)

Post Thanks / Like

Default ANS.on Lake o the Pines (the Pope is officiallY Hair Lipped)

Changed my email address and couldn't post for a week. Sysops is kinda slow even tho automated. But I'm up and running. Last week on Saturday I caught 3 (ugh) Un Sunday I caught 16 On Tues evening I caught 21 and on Saturday I caught 56 :uh: I mean 25. And Yesterday I bagged, (several). All were mostly 13 to 15 inches with a few 2 pounders and probably 10 or 12 small ones. The lake is still pretty low but won't affect fishing and the Corps is dredging Ally Creek Ramp. Good for them. It should be finished today.
    Here is what I was doing:

Med. Tackle
    swevil on end of line?
    Attach 1/2 oz wgt and 3/0 hook with 6 in. leader
    med size minnow hooked under dorsal
    Drift till I found um and anchor till all gone and repeat until exhausted or wife calls.
    :D

Sandwich Time at Johnson Creek Market!!!

Wild Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Ok WB,
    This is what I've been waiting for. Wrong weekend but maybe Monday will work. I'll call ya and let RnR know. Seeya, Don

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Wild Bill

Welcome back to the boards Wild Bill. You should know me as the guy who always comes in looking for the red minnows, a brisket sandwich, and a crappie report. Oh wait maybe that is most people you see.

Glad to here you are catchin um out there. We will have to come out and get one or two of them sandwiches sometime soon. I think Rod'nReel and Percher got something cookin' for a crappie.com camp out there at Johnson's Creek Park.

~Fishin' Magician~
    Last edited by Fishin_Magician; 12-19-2005 at 07:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

HeyBill, thanks for the report. I may try to come over there this Wed. Or Thurs. FM, if you think the brisket sandwiches are good, wait til you try the plate lunches he fixes. I made a mistake and ate one of his plate lunches the other day. Was so full, when I got to the launch at the dam I decided yea, the wind is too high. So I left for home on a full belly on almost fell asleep at the wheel two times. Bill you need to serve those plate lunches for fishermen after they get through fishing. HeHeHe LOL Later R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going out Friday for just a couple of Hours to see what the latest deal is on the Lake. Will Post Friday evening and will let you guys know.
    Wild Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Never fished pines .. so far away, and time constraints on learning a new lake won't allow me to go there unless I has someone show me the ropes. Would love to meet up there and fish with ya sometime.. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake O the Pines-Easy Winter Fishing

This Lake is so simple to fishfor Crappie in the wintertime it's a wonder it's not outlawed. It may be one day. The congregate in the deepest or near deepest water on LOP in the wintertime. This year I really expect them to be tightened up even more and we all like it tight. Less water, smaller barrel. Less shallow feeding area forcing bait fish into deeper water. It has started due to the cooler weather. One big tip!! After a weather front comes through don't bother for about 72 hours. High pressure following a front will make the fish sluggish.But come on by the store and I will put you on the fish. It's up to you to spit on the minnow and hold your mouth right:rolleyes:

Wild Bill

Johnson Creek Market
    9069 FM729
    Avinger, Texas 75630
    PH- 903-755-3156
    Fax- 903-755-4425
    [email protected]
    Bill Ritter-Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Hey WC, how far is Wylie from LOP. I'll be over there Wed., Thurs. or Fri. Let me know if you are coming and me or Bill will put you on some fish. (hopely-depending on the weather). LOL Later R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"