Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Buckeye Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buckeye Lake

Anyone fished out there recently? How is the action at night been? I don't want exact locations or anything because I know a couple of spots but I was just wondering how everyone has been doing out there. I am going to be out there for the next two weeks so I will have to do some fishing. Thanks everyone.

fishintiger
    Last edited by fishintiger; 10-04-2004 at 11:23 AM.
    fishintiger

Look for me on Ohio Game Fishing I'm fishintiger there too.

Still searching for that 20 inch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down It was very bad fishing 10/1 - 10/2

I came down to Buckeye Lake to fish a tournament for CAST, this past weekend. The fishing was terrible. There is a major algae bloom going on there. Caught around 60 or so Crappie pre-fishing Friday, but only 7 of them were larger than 10". My best fish weighed 1.34, and my 2nd best was 1.18lbs.

A cold front and rain came through late Friday night, and continued on through Saturday afternoon. Fishing became even tougher. Only boated about 40 fish, but none over 10"(minimum size to weigh in the tournament). Best pattern was Pink on boat lifts. Minnows may have been helpful, but I didn't bring any. Best area was the canals in the SW section of the lake.

If you are after catfish, try the channels between the islands. That was where most of the teams caught them while fishing for Crappie. We did get about a 6.5lber in Heron bay. Hope you have better luck when you go!

<,"}/>{ Ripped up Rippa!
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. I usually don't have too much luck here but I figured since I am going to be spending two weeks up there then I should atleast try. I hope this doesn't stop you from coming back and fishing here. Spring it the best time to fish before the algee blooms. Thanks again.

fishintiger
    fishintiger

Look for me on Ohio Game Fishing I'm fishintiger there too.

Still searching for that 20 inch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Like the Terminator said "I'll BE Back!"

Actually, I am quite fond of the type of fishing that the OH lakes require in Spring. I love getting back in to the jungle so to speak(tough on equipment though). I will be in St Mary's for sure, and probably back to Buck Eye or Caesar's Creek too.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids